About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
About the role
- Part time, Fixed Term opportunity until June 2023
- Access to generous salary packaging
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
The EDVOS Education and Training Team is responsible for developing and delivering training programs that aim to broaden community understanding and awareness of family violence. The team delivers training to a wide variety of community members and professionals including early childhood educators, school teachers, health and community professionals, salon professionals, people working with animals and more.
The Team Leader- Education and Training is responsible for the operational management, support and leadership of the Education and Training Team. Part of this role will involve reviewing and implementing systems to ensure workflow and training demands are responded to in the most efficient and cohesive manner. In collaboration with the Program Manager of Primary Prevention and Education, the Team Leader- Education and Training will explore funding and partnership opportunities to effectively develop and implement existing and new training packages in the eastern region and beyond. This position will have a particular focus in the development and implementation of early intervention training; however will also contribute to the coordination and promotion of primary prevention training in partnership with EDVOS’ Primary Prevention Team.
ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience (or a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in relevant field).
- Demonstrated experience leading and providing supervision to a diverse team of staff as well as an ability, or keen interest, to supervise family violence trainers.
- Knowledge of training development practices or experience in designing, delivering and evaluating training packages.
- Comprehensive understanding of the complexities of family violence including the gendered nature of family violence and drivers of violence against women.
- Proven ability to function both independently and collaboratively both within a dynamic office environment and also at remote locations if required.
A copy of the key selection criteria can be accessed by downloading the full Position Description available below or at our website at www.edvos.org.au/get-involved.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal committees (e.g. Quality and Safety and People and Culture steering committees) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 7 + legislated super.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Education & Training via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Education_and_Training, #Families, #Women