About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
About the role
- Casual position
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
EDVOS is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Trainer to join our Education & Training Team on a casual basis.
The EDVOS Education and Training team aims to increase understanding of gendered nature of family violence and build capacity to recognise and respond appropriately. Each training module utilises and incorporates evidence-based information and data released by international and national bodies.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of training modules (3Rs and MARAM) and achieving organisational training goals. You will support all community members to increase their understanding and knowledge of family violence and promote awareness through the delivery of comprehensive training both face-to-face and online.
EDVOS Trainers are required to travel locally and regionally to deliver sessions.
ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SUCCESS
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment or extensive experience in training delivery
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training programs/modules at a high standard showing an in-depth understanding of adult learning principles
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in delivering online training using Zoom and/or video conferencing platforms
- Strong evidence of organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of community and family violence services, including legislative requirements, service standard, quality frameworks and the translation of policy into best practice
A copy of the key selection criteria can be accessed by downloading the full Position Description available below or at our website at www.edvos.org.au/get-involved.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + legislated super.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trainer – Education & Training Team via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Education_and_Training, #Families, #Women