About the organisation
All we do at St Merkorious Charity is aimed at striking poverty at its root. We’re a DGR Charity registered with the ACNC, founded in 2013 to serve the most vulnerable in our local communities. Our food relief services provide more than 3000 meals a week to struggling families around Sydney experiencing food insecurity, and our charity is always growing and looking for opportunities to help more people in suffering from food insecurity by delivering healthy and nutritious food, as well as saving food from local supermarkets and shops from landfill.
About the role
As a warehouse coordinator, you will be in charge of the day-to-day operations of our warehouse in Strathfield, where we pack, store, and transport food for our meal relief service. You will supervise our team of warehouse workers and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate transfers in and out of the St Merkorious warehouse
- Make purchase requests, contract vendors and ensure flow of goods.
- Inventory all goods, including sorting, counting and organizing, and account for loss.
- Process orders and deliver, transfer and maintain stock and goods.
- Ensuring food storage complies with safety regulations
We’re looking for an experienced, detail-oriented warehouse coordinator, who wants to make a difference for the local community.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Are a capable multitasker
- Have great attention to detail
- Are a strong communicator
- Have previous experience in warehouse coordination
- Are compassionate, kind, and driven to help your community
- Working With Children’s Check
- Forklift license or willingness to get training
How to apply
Working with a charity that’s dedicated to helping the community is highly rewarding, and our team at St Merkorious Charity is passionate and dedicated to making change in our local community. This role gives you a chance to make a difference to the lives of those who truly need it. If you want to contribute to your community, click apply!
*Shortlisting and job interviews won’t be arranged until two weeks after submission. People who are unsuccessful will not be contacted
Please quote in application: Warehouse Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing