About the organisation
WHIN is the women’s health promotion and advocacy organisation for the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne (NMR). WHIN is a not-for-profit member-based organisation committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of women and gender diverse people.
WHIN works to eliminate gender inequalities and improve the health, safety and wellbeing of women and gender diverse people. We do this through leadership, advocacy, training, research and strategic partnerships.
WHIN convenes the Building a Respectful Community Partnership which is a regional platform that works together to prevent gender‐based violence in a regional approach aligned to the Building a Respectful Community Strategy 2022‐2026 (The Strategy).
- Salary 3% above the award
- Flexible working arrangements including the ability to work from home
- Salary packaging of up to $16,050 per annum
- In addition to four weeks annual leave staff are granted an additional three days leave (grace-in-favour days) across the Christmas/New Year period (as these fall on normal days worked).
- Generous personal leave arrangements apply
- Time-in-lieu policy
About the role
This position is only open to females and people whose gender identity is female (referred to as ‘women’) EOE H191-2017
Qualifications & experience
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in health promotion, gender studies, community development and/or a social policy discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender equity and the link to prevention of gender-based violence, including an in depth understanding of the current policies and frameworks at both a State-wide and National level.
- Demonstrated conceptual understanding and commitment to intersectional feminist theory and addressing gender inequities in relation to the health, safety and wellbeing of women and gender diverse people.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of training, group facilitation and public presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management and engagement, building and maintaining strategic relationships and partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Excellent and demonstrated written communications skills, including report writing, resource development and the ability to adapt academic writing to simple English or translate knowledge effectively.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Drive and support the Coordinator, Gender Equality and Preventing Gender-Based Violence in the implementation of Building a Respectful Community Strategy 2022-2026 and subsequent iterations of the Strategy.
- Actively support regional partners to build their capacity to prevent gender-based violence with a particular focus on those who are the most marginalised in the community.
- Effectively manage BRC Partner communications including online communication platforms such as Basecamp and Better Impact. Manage administration of these systems. Develop regular monthly sector updates and manage distribution lists.
- Conduct all aspects of orientation to the BRC Partnership for new representatives, including developing and maintaining the BRC Partnership introductory package.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate innovative health promotion programs and strategies, applying a gendered, intersectional and capacity building approach.
- Support identification of training, education, and community of practice session opportunities in preventing gender-based violence, gender equity and gender analysis.
- Identify and develop resources that complement and support WHIN’s projects and programs in collaboration with the Preventing gender-based Violence and broader health promotion teams.
A comprehensive list of the tasks and responsibilities can be found on the position description.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Women’s Health Promotion Officer-Preventing Gender-Based Violence via Pro Bono Australia.