About the organisation
Ngwala Willumbong Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that is dedicated to delivering quality specialist Alcohol and Drug Treatment, Housing and Homeless and other services to meet the needs of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People and their families. Our services operate across Victoria.
About the role
You will provide high-quality care and support for our female clients who are affected by alcohol and AOD misuse, during their stay at Winja Ulupna, the Women’s Residential Rehabilitation Centre in St Kilda.
Your typical day will include tasks such as advocating on behalf of clients in relation to AOD support services, facilitating rehabilitation programs, performing accurate and up-to-date administrative tasks as well as providing emotional support to clients.
About the Perks
- 1x full time (Monday – Friday & 1x part time (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday night shift, Saturday day shift)
- NFP Salary Packaging Benefits up to $15,900 + Meal Entertainment
- Work for a dynamic, family-friendly and inclusive NFP organisation
- Opportunity to perform work that impacts the quality of lives in the community
Your Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of indigenous history and/or culture and commitment to the indigenous community
- Understanding of the issues associated with AOD and their effects on the Aboriginal Community
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as social work, Alcohol & Other Drugs, welfare work and/or community development; with the minimum of of Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD).
- Able to develop positive relationships with clients and work within a stressful environment
How to apply
Please provide the following:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a great fit for this role
- A resume which outlines your educational and employment background
- Apply Now and be directed to our seek ad
*Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete pre-employment checks including Reference Checks, Police Check, Working with Children Check, COVID-19 Vaccination Declaration as well as right to work in Australia Check.
Employing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People at Ngwala is integral to keeping our services culturally aligned so we strongly encourage Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander People to apply for this role and others as they become available.
Please quote in application: Women’s Residential Rehabilitation Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Women