About the organisation
About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Competitive sector remuneration
- Casual role based in Ballarat
- Work with a dynamic team delivering excellent service to the community, in a great supportive environment
About the opportunity
Breezeway has been operating for 25 years and is an integral service to the Ballarat community, providing meals for homeless and marginalised people. This position is to provide cover for unplanned absences and rostered leave.
The Meals Supervisor / Cook will be responsible for:
- The daily duties required to produce a hot lunch and takeaway packs, supervise volunteers and any other tasks associated with the position on a casual basis.
- Assisting the Crisis Support Coordinator to ensure the safe and effective running of the program and will be required to complete a minimum 5-hour shift.
We are looking for a person who is motivated, has attention to detail, excellent communication skills, can work unsupervised and be available for shifts on short notice. The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Ensuring the business complies with all relevant food safety standards and codes.
- Qualifications in the food industry, commercial qualifications would be highly regarded.
- Qualifications in Food Handling and Food Supervision or the ability to obtain them.
- Preparation, cooking and serving of 100 meals daily.
- Supervising and supporting kitchen workers (volunteers).
- Handling any issues that arise within the business; inclusive of kitchen, dining room and client behaviour.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume (no more than 3 pages).
Applications close on Wednesday, 10 August 2022.
Get in touch
For more information regarding this role, please contact Jen Wright, Coordinator Breezeway Meals Program via email@example.com.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Breezeway Meals Supervisor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People