About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
The Home Care Package (HCP) team provide individually planned and coordinated suite of support and services designed to assist older people who need support to remain living independently, in their own homes.
About the role
Support for older people involves helping them to live independently, fully, and with dignity.
As part of our team based in Epping, we are looking for experienced part-time (.6FTE or 22 .8 hrs per week) Case Manager to oversee and coordinate Home Care Packages (HCP) to our customers in the region, for 12 months.
If you’re a Case Manager, qualified in Aged Care, Health, Community Services or related discipline, and enjoy assisting older adults with their day-to-day needs through accessing quality care providers, you might be exactly the person we’re looking for!
What you’ll be doing
In line with your commitment to customer care, you will work with older persons and their support network across the Inner East North East suburbs to deliver the best individual supports. This may include:
- utilising your case management skills to undertake initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments and care planning to support customers at home
- managing the delivery of services to support the needs identified (psychosocial, medical, physical and vulnerabilities) within the customer’ individualised budget
- drawing upon and build on relationships with colleagues, services networks and a range of community agencies to support the program and customers.
You will be working a regular roster of fixed hours (Monday to Friday only) where you will primarily be supporting customers over the phone, working from home and or from the EACH office for team engagements.
Who you’ll be working with
Reporting into the Team Leader – Older Adult Services, you will be part of a wider team of service coordinators and case managers to effectively support your customer’s needs. It’s a team full of dynamic and motivated individuals who are passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of those affected elders in their communities.
Who we are looking for
Along with your passion for helping others, you will:
- have demonstrated experience in provision of case management to older persons and their carers in a home and community-based setting
- have highly developed Assessment and Care Planning skills a with a focus in wellbeing
- have experience delivering high-quality person-centred support and assistance to individuals that embraces their personal goals and choices, and respects cultural diversity,
- be an effective communicator and natural relationship builder,
- be effective working independently and collaboratively with your team, customers, their carers and families, and other service providers, and
- have a demonstrated ability to complete administrative tasks to the required standard and detail to meet quality and reporting requirements.
Ideally you will also have:
- current First Aid certification
- current state-based Drivers License with registered vehicle and minimum third-party car insurance
- full COVID-19 vaccination
What we offer:
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance
- Engaging, inclusive supportive team that meet regularly and has its own chat page to provide daily support to each other
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager Home Care Packages via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities