About the organisation
Wafii Mental Health Services (WMHS) is a young NDIS REGISTERED company servicing National Disability Insurance Scheme participants. WMHS was started by competent and compassionate Mental Health Practitioners/Support Coordinators who wanted to do right by the participant and have a passion for the disability supports industry with well over 25 years of combined experience.
Our company mission is to provide high standard of service delivery to our participants and their families with the emphasis of finding the right fit between our participants and the support workers to build long-lasting relationships.
WMHS aims to provide care and support that would enhance the participant’s lifestyle, utilizing a Strength based and Person-Centred approach.
About the role
We are looking for professional and experienced Support Workers with mental health background who want to make a difference by supporting our participants in achieving their goals and living their best life. Our participants range from age 7 to 64 with various (some complex) physical and psycho-social disabilities.
Hourly rate for this role is $27.65-$35 per hour during the weekdays and up to $49 per hour on the weekends based on previous experience.
As a Support worker, each day is different, and every participant has their own unique support needs. This role requires you to be flexible and willing to support the participant whatever their reasonable and necessary needs may be. We will match participants based on your experience and your locations.
Community based duties may include:
- Picking up and dropping off clients
- Assists clients in their day-to-day functions to achieve their personal goals, this is not limited to light personal care assistances, such as helping with washing and showering.
- Supporting clients to attend group activities
- Using strength based and person-centred approach
- Implement mental health strategies with the clients while collaborating with other mental health professions such as psychologist, counsellor, mental health social workers, specialist support coordinator.
Mandatory Requirements include:
- Certificate IV in mental health or equivalent
- National Police Children Check (less than 6 months old or willingness to obtain)
- Current Worker Screening Check Reference # or willingness to obtain one
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee Check): you will be eligible for refund of WWC if you are also holding Worker Screening Check.
- Current Australian Drivers License
- Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
How to apply
If this sounds like you then click apply now and include a copy of your updated resume and a cover letter.
If you require further information or would like to ask more about the role then contact Ahmed on 0435 997 355 (please leave a text message if unable to reach), or Jade on 0451012380
Only applicants that meet mandatory requirements and attach updated resume and cover letter will be looked at.
Multiple casual positions available in all suburbs in Victoria. We are looking for genuine and passionate workers now, come join our team.
Our website: https://www.wafii.com.au/
Please quote in application: Casual Mental Health Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Mental_Health