About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants.
Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
About the role
- Newly created role within the Employment services division |Based in Bankstown
- Full Time Fixed Term contract until July 2024 |Fortnightly day off |Hybrid working model
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
Do you want to work with a leading purpose driven, community-based organisation?
SSI’s vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families to reach their potential.
About the Program
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
About the Role
The Central Processing Unit (CPU) Team Leader is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership of SSI’s CPU team and CPU Officers, overseeing the management, processing and lodgement of claims relating to Employment Services programs and ensuring all are recorded and claimed within the ESS Web system accurately and within expected timeframes and deadlines.
You will be a point of contact and support for the CPU Officers and the broader Employment Services team and also to internal and external stakeholders to assist with queries related to claims, submitting evidence, and ensuring contractual obligations have been met for submitting claims for each program. The CPU team will also be responsible for preparing wage subsidy agreements, and monitoring and lodging ongoing support claims.
This role requires an individual who has exemplary communication and time management skills, who can effectively provide support to their team and foster a positive work environment.
- Certificate IV or above in Business Administration or similar qualification, desirable or be willing to work towards
- Ability to motivate, lead and manager a team to deliver high quality claims and customer service and to deliver on and achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated experience working within a highly compliance driven environment
- Current working knowledge of the ESS Web system, or the ability to pick up new systems and software programs quickly
- Previous administration experience and excellent administrative, record keeping, data integrity, and data entry skills
- High attention to detail and incredible accuracy in administrative tasks
- Excellent time management and highly developed organisational skills
- Highly developed communication skills, a well-developed phone manner and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work towards regular and high-pressure deadlines, such as quarterly, monthly, and weekly reporting
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Centralised Processing Unit Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Employment_Services