About the organisation
We are a proudly feminist not-for-profit organisation and for over 140 years we have been working at the forefront of gender equality through our housing, community programs and advocacy. Over the years we’ve made significant progress for gender equality as we’ve gone through a number of evolutions, adapting to the ever-changing issues impacting women, young and old. We have evolved again and are transforming the way we operate. Our new 5-year strategy, the YWCA Evolve Strategy (YeS 2026), has recently been launched with a focus on making young women’s leadership and women’s housing our priority for gender equity in Australia. This will ensure we continue to deliver measurable and meaningful impact towards a future where gender equality is a reality.
About the role
This newly created role reports to the General Manager Service Delivery and is part of an ongoing commitment by the organisation to enhance the participation and involvement of lived experience in service delivery and broader organisational activity.
The role will support the strengthening of the skills and knowledge of service delivery staff in integrating lived experience into program delivery. This will be achieved by:
- Building capability of leadership for lived experience programs
- Leading team consultations to finalise our new strategy implementation
- Establishment of a Peer Practice Exchange for existing programs
- Contributing to a new lived experience program design and funding proposals
- Support project leader in the development of online training modules.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or similar.
- Demonstrated experience supporting people with lived experience of homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness
- Knowledge and expertise in Trauma Informed Practice and Recovery Principles
- Ability to lead cultural and practice change in a service delivery environment
- Current VIC Driver’s Licence
You will be required to satisfactorily meet our pre-employment requirements, which includes:
- Completion of a national criminal history check
- A valid relevant state-based working with children permit
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination, which includes Government recommended boosters
How to apply
Please quote in application: Client Participation & Lived Experience Manager via Pro Bono Australia.