About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
About the role
Your new role
The Community Engagement Advisor champions community and consumer engagement across our organisation, partnering with teams to build staff capacity and facilitate greater involvement by community, consumers, carers and family in the development or redesign of our services and activities.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of organisational community engagement activities
- Overseeing and championing the embedding of our Community Relationships Framework, making recommendations for improvements
- Providing advice to Merri Health teams on engagement mechanisms and accessible messaging
- Building staff capacity in participation and engagement mechanisms, supporting teams to apply these in the development or redesign of services, events or campaigns
- Recruiting, training and supporting a variety of target group consumers to be involved in reference groups, projects and other Merri Health activities
- Launching and overseeing the Merri Health Consumer Advisory Committee
- Growing the current Consumer Participation Register
- Coordinating the Community Engagement Internal Working Group Committee
- Coordinating quarterly reporting on organisation-wide engagement initiatives
- Attending the Board community engagement sub-committee
- Building relationships with external service providers and supporting opportunities for collaboration
How to apply
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Advisor – 12 month fixed term, part time via Pro Bono Australia.