About the organisation
Results International (Australia) is part of a global network of organisations working to bring an end to poverty. Results has been operating in Australia for 35 years through a combination of staff-led and volunteer driven advocacy at a grassroots, national and global level.
We are highly respected for our policy and advocacy work and have a high profile within Australia’s Federal Parliament and within the international development sector. At a global level we work closely with our partner ACTION to improve equitable access to health and within Australia we act as the Secretariat to the Australian TB Caucus.
We work with parliamentarians, think tanks, civil society organisations, media and members of the community to influence political decisions that will bring an end to extreme poverty. Our campaigns are focussed on global health, nutrition, education and pandemic preparedness, as well as pushing for an increase in Australia’s overseas aid budget and increased pledges to multilateral bodies that work on global health and poverty alleviation.
Why work at Results?
- Purposeful work - we tackle the big issues. We’re focused on building a world where everyone can go to school, eat nutritious food and live free from deadly diseases, and offer staff meaningful opportunities to make a real difference.
- Autonomous and challenging - we’re a small but mighty team built on high trust and ambitious dreams. We punch above our weight because we empower staff and volunteers to lead.
- Room to grow - we support you to flourish. While you'll have autonomy, you'll also receive training on the job, and the opportunity to try new things and learn from the best.
- Flexible hours and location - our staff are highly committed, sometimes that means working out of hours to join a global call. We offer genuine flexibility and remote working.
- Work life balance - we support everyone to have fulfilling lives outside of work. That's why we offer regular (paid) personal development days throughout the year and gift additional time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Global partners - we work closely with some of the world’s most influential global aid and development organisations so you’ll have exposure to the best and brightest when it comes to effecting change.
Results Australia is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, First Nations people, people with disabilities, LGBTI and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About the role
- Join our high impact team and help to build a world where everyone can go to school, eat nutritious food and live free from deadly diseases
- Permanent role with a salary of $70,000 per annum plus superannuation, salary packaging and great additional benefits
- Flexible role (either full-time or part-time) with remote and work from home options to be based anywhere in Australia. Ideally located in Sydney (Eora Country), Canberra (Ngunnawal Country), Adelaide (Kaurna Country) or Melbourne (Naarm).
- Lead the work of Results Australia to engage, inspire and grow our network of volunteer advocates across Australia
- Manage and expand the Fellowship Program, and provide ongoing support and coaching to participants on the program
- Coordinate projects including events such as online and face-to-face meetings and our Leaders Retreat
- Contribute to the strategic, financial and operational planning of the organisation including development of plans, deliverables and budgets
- Represent Results Australia on relevant working groups within the sector and with donors as appropriate, and collaborate with our international network.
We’re looking for an inspiring volunteer coordinator who is passionate about ending global poverty and aligned with our values, goals and objectives. With a high degree of empathy and patience, you will have skills in community engagement or organising, and the drive to build a strong movement of volunteer advocates.
You will have advanced skills to manage projects and tasks, and be able to work with a small team of staff based in Sydney and other cities of Australia to meet deadlines and hold successful events.
Given the international focus of Results, and as volunteers our advocates are often busy with work and study during office hours, you will be willing to work flexibly outside of normal work hours. You will also be required to travel interstate for meetings and events.
- Experience in community organising, in particular recruiting and inspiring volunteers
- Experience in facilitating meetings, training sessions and events in both online and face-to-face contexts
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in coaching
- Ability to work in a non-partisan way with people from across the political spectrum, and with people from a range of backgrounds
- Ability to work to tight budgets and as part of a small team
- Proficiency in the use of digital tools, in particular Slack, and a willingness to learn new programs and ways of working
- A relevant tertiary degree, with training or experience in community development or organising.
- Knowledge of global health or experience in the international aid and development sector
- Understanding of Australia’s parliament, advocacy and campaigning
- Experience in donor stewardship, event management or fundraising.
Results is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who meets the selection criteria to apply. We actively encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from CALD backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disabilities and others who have diverse experiences of our world to apply for this opportunity.
Results Australia is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Organiser (Full time or Part time) via Pro Bono Australia.