About the organisation
CARE Australia works to defeat global poverty by supporting women to create lasting change in their communities around the world.
About the role
- Work with a team dedicated to supporting women around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
- Flexible working environment, based in Melbourne
- Permanent, Full time
About the Role
The Donor Experience Manager will develop a deep understanding of CARE’s core proposition and implement customer experiences that nurture, engage and inspire our supporters.
As well as overseeing our existing Regular Giving program, you will identify and test new initiatives – including automated donor journeys and other cross-channel activities to improve retention, increase second gift rates and maximise the lifetime value of our individual donors.
- Identify, craft and implement new opportunities that retain our donors, ultimately forging a stronger connection between them and CARE Australia.
- Analyze and identify the behaviors and patterns that make donors ‘sticky’. Maximize these successful approaches and run tests to improve them.
- With the Head of Donor Relations, plan, develop and implement an annual business plan and budget for the retention and stewardship of individual donors (including income/expenditure forecasting for the Regular Giving program) in line with CARE Australia’s short and long-term strategic objectives.
- Monitor and report on Regular Giving and donor retention targets, tracking key metrics and identifying key trends – including ongoing tracking of income and expenditure against budgets, second gift rates of new donors, lifetime value, retention and decline payment metrics.
- Prepare quarterly reports on the Regular Giving and retention programs performance for senior management and the Board.
- Ensure business processes and systems reporting is in place to maximise payment success and Regular Giving donor retention.
- Manage the Regular Giving telemarketing program including attending weekly WIPs with telemarketing agency/ies, conducting fundraiser training and holding them accountable against contracted targets and KPIs.
- Act as first point of escalation for regular giving donor complaints and provide adhoc back-up support to Supporter Care Coordinator.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the management or coordination of a cross-channel regular giving program or managing donor experience/retention of an individual giving program.
- Exceptional analytical skills – a critical thinker and problem solver with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain collaborative, productive relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and exceptional time-management skills.
- Experience in customer experience/retention is preferable – especially utilising a Human Centred Design approach.
- Knowledge of CRMs and Salesforce/Marketing Cloud is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development is desirable.
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Donor Experience Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Women