About the organisation
About the role
WHAT IS FAMILY WORX?
Family Worx is OzChild’s adoption of the Family Preservation and Reunification response model being rolled out across Victoria by DFFH in partnership with CSOs and ACCOs.
The program will provide an integrated service to families in crisis, requiring immediate support and intervention as well as parents who are being reunified with their children after a period in out-of-home care (OOHC).
The service will be highly responsive and flexible to each family’s needs led by a team of Family Preservation and Reunification (FPR) Practitioners and supported by the evidence-based models Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare (FFT-CW) and SafeCare.
- Work with a DFFH Child Protection Practitioner to identify and prioritise goals for intervention with the family
- Be responsive to the family’s needs to address individual issues and stressors 8-10 hours per week
- After referral respond within 24 hours
- Assess and create a Family Action Plan within 3 weeks
- Guide the implementation of skill development and behaviour change techniques with the family through goal-setting and motivational interviewing
- Use evidence-informed common practice elements (common elements) seeking feedback and being culturally responsive
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A degree-level qualification in a discipline such as social work or psychology, a diploma will also be considered if backed by experience
- Demonstrated high levels of engagement with at-risk families
- Experience working intensively with small caseloads (8-10 hours per week per family)
- Knowledge of or experience using common elements would be highly beneficial
- Understanding of family systems
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- Current driving license
- Full-time hours, 38 per week
- The role will commence as soon as possible
- Salary is SCHCADS level 6
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Training in common elements such as motivational interviewing
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
How to apply
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW.
You can view the position description below and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Liz McPhillips, Hiring Manager on 03 9695 2243.
Please quote in application: Family Preservation & Reunification Practitioner -Goulburn Region via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Youth_and_Young_People