About the organisation
At Cancer Council Victoria we believe in impactful technology
Our digital vision is to prevent cancer, empower patients and save lives through connection, collaboration and innovation. The Information Technology (IT) team champions this vision and supports the rest of the organisation in its realisation. We deliver the software platforms, infrastructure, support, security and services that enable CCV as a digital-first organisation.
We are not just technologists who craft top-end solutions, our team creates a direct impact for all Victorians and Australians who are affected by cancer. So, if you’re someone who is seeking a meaningful technology career, you will fit right in with us.
We are building a high-performing technology team geared for collaborative and agile ways-of-working. Are you looking to develop your skills, try new things and make a meaningful impact? If so, this is the place for you. At Cancer Council Victoria, you will have the opportunity to hone your craft using the latest technologies and extend your skills across adjacent technology domains.
About the role
Our digital ecosystem is considered as a frontline experience for Victorians who are affected by cancer. This role will play a critical function to design and build a respectful and effortless experience for them.
We are seeking a Front-End Designer to bridge the divide between the design and development worlds through the Content Management System’s (CMS)
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Services your role is to:
- Ensure pages and templates are mobile-first and responsive
- Apply and adopt modern Front-End and JS framework (e.g. Material Design, Bootstrap, etc)
All about you
Somewhere between design – a world of personas, pixels, and polish and engineering – a world of logic, JS frameworks, and CMS structure, there’s you.
You get the lens of user experience as well as the visual presentation, but with the end-goal of the implementation of the code itself. This gives designers that you will collaborate with, a sense of what is possible or not, and helps them empathise while designing.
In daily basis, you will collaborate often with content writer, UX designer and creative design in your day-to-day operation.
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant tertiary degree in Computing or related field and/or experience in Digital Design and Development
- Significant experience working in a developer role with advanced competency in HTML5, SCSS, CSS3, including integration with CMS templates
- Extensive experience on working with enterprise CMS
- Strong practical experience in mobile-first and responsive design
- Considerable experience in UX / digital design or related discipline
- Experience on working in Agile delivery team
- Agency experience
- Basic knowledge of .NET framework
- Experience of using Figma, Adobe XD or other related software
- Previously work with CM3 ACORA CMS
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, visit https://cancer-council-vic.applynow.net.au/jobs/CCV113 to download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Ryan Andrianto on email@example.com,au
Please quote in application: Front-End Designer via Pro Bono Australia.