About the organisation
About the role
Who we are
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantage and towards an Australia where all people and communities thrive. We influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing our perspectives and advocating for change.
The Fundraising and Partnerships team is responsible for all elements of philanthropic fundraising at SVA and the management of select strategic partnerships. The Fundraising and Partnerships team has presence in Sydney and Melbourne, and works in close collaboration with the Programs team, Marketing and Communications team and other staff across SVA.
As the Fundraising and Events Coordinator, you will use your effective and high-level organisation and administrative skills to provide efficient, professional, and confidential support to the team and ensure the smooth operation of the business. You will enhance Fundraising and Partnerships effectiveness by focusing on key functions such as coordination of fundraising events, donor administration and overall team administration. This includes providing key information and focused support to the Director and the team for major or complex project, scheduling, and administrative items.
You will thrive in working collaboratively across SVA teams to ensure the best use of SVA systems and processes and continuous process improvement.
- Work in a business awarded Best Workplace 2021 from Voice Project with 81% employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Join an organisation awarded Change Champion 2021 for recognising and actioning our employees’ insights to improve experience and business performance
- Be part of the SVA team known for living by our values to put people at the centre and be open and ready to learn
- We don’t believe that “one size fits all” so we offer flexibility and a hybrid work model that is specific to your team and recognises that work is only one of our priorities.
- Join a business with a focus on your wellbeing and development with an additional week’s annual leave after working with SVA for two continuous years.
Who you are
- Be known for your responsive, proactive, positive, ‘can do’ attitude and your hands-on approach.
- Have a background that combines proven events coordination or support experience with providing support to senior management, in a demanding and busy professional environment.
- Bring applied knowledge of Salesforce, WordPress or Campaign Monitor, or other database, event management or email campaign software.
- Demonstrate success in prioritising administrative duties and organising and managing work in an environment with multiple and conflicting demands.
- Be recognised for your sound stakeholder relationship management skills, both internally and externally.
- Have a reputation as a highly professional and diplomatic communicator, maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times.
SVA values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
The position description is available on the SVA website.
We strongly recommend that you review the position description before applying for the role.
If you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for and are excited to join our team, please submit your CV (max 2 pages) and a statement (max 1 page) addressing the person requirements by midnight AEST Sunday 14 August 2022
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Fundraising and Events Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.