About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
About the role
Fixed term, Full time
- Great opportunity to play a vital role in a vibrant, agile agency, shaping strategy and delivery of events and campaigns.
- $90k plus super and salary packaging
- Build relationships and social impact
- Thomastown-based (Wurundjeri Country)
About the Role/Opportunity
This new role within our Marketing & Communications team will be high energy and high impact! The Giving & Engagement Lead will develop and deliver initiatives that grow income, increase brand awareness, and create and maintain valuable relationships for Kids First Australia.
Established in 1896, Kids First is one of Australia’s oldest independent child and family service organisations and charities. Our team are experts in early years education, child wellbeing and therapeutic recovery from family violence and trauma. We are committed to all kids having the bright futures they deserve.
The Giving & Engagement Lead will have a broad remit across all aspects of our fundraising and community engagement.
A typical day may include:
- Planning major fundraising events and campaigns
- Supporting exceptional customer experiences through our physical and digital Op shops
- Nurturing relationships with our regular donors, supporters, kindergarten families and corporate partners.
We can’t say that any two days will be the same. What we can say is you will have the opportunity to shape this new role and make it your own, while being supported by your colleagues every step of the way.
To be successful in this role you will need:
For this role, we are seeking a creative and solutions orientated individual. You may have qualifications in marketing, business, PR or a similar field, and/or your background may be in marketing or events, fundraising or even retail.
These skills and experience will set you up for success:
- Demonstrated success in developing successful fundraising campaigns, events or marketing campaigns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with sound writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
- Experience in database management
- Current driver’s license
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
How to apply
To apply for this job go to: https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code:
6029438 or APPLY NOW to be directed
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees. To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at https://www.kidsfirstaustralia.org.au/careers/
For inquiries about the position:
Name/Title: Clare Lombardi, Director Marketing & Communications
Phone number: 0427 181 778
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia, evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Giving & Engagement Lead via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services