About the organisation
CARE Australia works to defeat global poverty by supporting women to create lasting change in their communities around the world.
About the role
- Work with a team dedicated to supporting women around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
- Flexible working environment, based in Melbourne
- Fixed term (3 years), full-time (with possible option for contract renewal)
About the Role
This is an exciting new role within CARE that recognises the strategic elevation and importance of developing stronger relationships and partnerships with major donors, Trusts & Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds (PAFs) and the corporate sector to support CARE’s work.
Working within a small team the Head of Philanthropy and Corporate Partnerships will oversee the development and implementation of a new strategy that positions CARE as a partner of choice to fund and deliver impactful projects that focus on Women’s Economic Justice and Climate Change.
The role works alongside the key members of CARE’s Executive team including Director of Fundraising & Marketing and our CEO, as well as colleagues in the International Programs department. This opportunity is ideal for an individual with experience in building and managing financially strong and mutually beneficial relationships, has a good understanding of developing and managing prospect pipelines, and can demonstrate strong experience in philanthropy and business development success.
This role will focus on leveraging current relationships as well as identifying and building new relationships and opportunities to deliver sustainable and meaningful partnerships.
- Lead the Philanthropy & Corporate Partnerships team to raise money from high net worth individuals, Corporations, Trusts & Foundations and PAFs by developing prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies. Achieve growth targets of 20% over 3 years
- Develop and implement innovative and high achieving strategies for both Philanthropy & Corporate Partnerships. Develop annual business plan and budget for Philanthropy & Corporate Partnerships program
- Develop strategy for identifying and initiating contact with new prospects in the Philanthropy & Corporate sectors. Proactively network to develop contacts, supporting proposal development, relationship management, and representing CARE as a partner of choice at a high level at external meetings and events
- Work with the Philanthropy & Corporate Partnerships team and Donor Relations team to build CARE’s pipeline of high net worth donors ensuring there is a constant focus on prospect development and upgrade
- Oversee the review and implementation of CARE’s Due Diligence screening for corporate partnerships as it relates to funding proposals and approaches
- Work closely with CARE International confederation colleagues and philanthropic and private sector working groups to identify and develop opportunities for funding
- Initiate and develop strong relationships with new major donors and key decision-makers in PAFs. This includes working with CARE’s Senior Management to ensure appropriate representation of the organisation, and donors have the right level of contact and engagement with CARE
- Work closely with other Heads of Fundraising & Marketing to provide leadership to the Fundraising & Marketing team and across CARE to champion and supporting organisational development
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE Australia’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- A minimum of 5 years related senior experience with proven expertise in both Philanthropic and Corporate Sector portfolio management and face to face solicitations
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing innovative new and sustainable relationships and funding partnerships that grow revenue and influence
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting, managing the pipeline, delivering the pitch and closing the deal
- Ability to set strategic goals, manage budgets and analyse & report on results
- Strong communication, representation and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal skills, including persuasive abilities, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders at every level of the organisation
- A commitment to the protection of children and the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Please review the Candidate Information Pack at careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs and complete the online application form by clicking ‘Apply Now’. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max 2 pages) at the bottom of our application form. After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt. Only applicants who fully address the criteria will be considered.
This will be conducted as a rolling recruitment process, with shortlisting and interviews being completed as applications are received. Please submit your application ASAP if you are interested in the role.
Questions about the role?
Please contact Cath Hoban on email@example.com ,using the subject line “Head of Philanthropy & Corporate Partnerships enquiry” ( (please do not email applications to this address).
Applications Close: 11:59 pm (AEST),Monday 8 August 2022.
Please quote in application: Head of Philanthropy & Corporate Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.