About the organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and wellbeing and provides legal and practical support to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, established 20 years ago (as the Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria). It is also a place where culture is shared and celebrated.
Djirra’s vision is to provide high quality culturally appropriate services for Aboriginal women in Victoria who have experienced or are experiencing family violence.
We are committed to ending family violence against Aboriginal women and their children through holistic and culturally safe specialist services, prevention programs and advocacy for change. Our services have state-wide reach.
About the role
This new fulltime position sits within Djirra’s Operations team. The Human Resources Administrator is a key support position that will work closely with the Human Resources Advisor to support the operational activity of the function. You will provide a high level of administration support to ensure that Djirra is compliant with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, professional standards and guidelines that relate to all HR/IR related matters. Much of the work will be of a confidential nature.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a great experience for new team members when welcoming them into the organisation, as well as assisting managers with end to end recruitment including preparing employment contracts, letters of offer, onboarding and induction packs, etc.
- Providing support with maintaining Djirra’s Performance and Development Planning and Review framework, coordinating and supporting Managers to conduct Performance and Development Planning Reviews.
- Assisting with ensuring Djirra’s training activities are planned and records are maintained.
- Preparing correspondence, letters, reports, minutes of meetings, variation letters and other documents as required.
- Keeping the organisation charts, staff contact listing, and other HR information on SharePoint and other systems (including the website) up to date and filed at all times.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has had previous experience in a generalist Human Resources Administration/Officer role, preferably in a community focused organisation.
- Has good knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
- Is people-focused and can establish and maintain good relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Has great attention to detail and has a comprehensive understanding of HR processes including recruitment.
- Can manage their focus across multiple priorities and is able to work both independently and collaboratively to get things done.
- Generous salary on offer
- Ability to salary package (including meals and entertainment)
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns
How to apply
To find out more about the position (full job description available) and how to apply, refer to our Get Involved page on our website www.djirra.org.au Only applications received via the website will be considered. Applications must include your resume and covering letter and all applicants must answer the questions at the bottom of the application form.
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible.
If you’d like to know more about the role or about the important work we do, call Teresa Kyprianou, Human Resources Advisor on (03) 9244 3333.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Human Resources Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.