About the organisation
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
About the role
As a Lawyer, Associate level, you will be responsible for providing professional timely advice and guidance on legal and regulatory issues across a range of specialised transactional matters including contract and commercial, governance, privacy and compliance to support the mission of The Salvation Army.
You will successfully handle:
Legal and Commercial Advice
- Identify and manage legal risk in contracts, operations and claims
- Provide high-quality, legal advice that is ethical and consistent with TSA’s values constitutional documents
- Provide day-to-day commercial advice to support TSA’s operations and business, including general commercial, brand and marketing, estate entitlements and disputes, property, employment and industrial relations IP.
- Draft and negotiate day-to-day commercial contracts, including agreements with trade suppliers and consultants
- Oversee dispute related work, including litigation, as appropriate
Risk and Compliance
- Provide professional advice and guidance in the ongoing management of TSA Compliance and Risk frameworks and related policy
- Provide training of staff on key legal and compliance issues (e.g., Privacy)
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders internal to TSA to ensure mutual understanding of the scope and requirements of the Legal department
You will have:
Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated work history providing general commercial legal advice and familiarity with the provision of legal services in the NFP sector, as well as;
- 5+ years post qualification experience;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, in particular, the ability to explain complex legal issues to individuals and groups with a predominantly non-legal background;
- Current practicing certificate as an Australian legal practitioner.
What we offer:
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Legal Associate via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights