About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
Our Maintenance team is currently seeking an ongoing full-time self-motivated and experienced Maintenance Officer with a can-do attitude to provide effective and efficient delivery of all routine and reactive maintenance across EACH site.
Preferably you will have a trades background and an ability to supply your own tools, and enjoy variety in your day that allows you to travel, then you might be exactly who we are looking for!
*The replacement of some tools may be supported by EACH apart from reasonable wear and tear.
What you’ll be doing
Your days will be varied where you will be required to repair and maintain various facilities, where you will be responsible for:
- general maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with WH&S regulations including replacement of lighting globes, tubes, minor plumbing, door hardware, fixtures and fittings, plastering, painting, basic carpentry, and other ad hoc repairs,
- ensuring quality performance in all service delivery by participating in quality procedures
- ensuring that data is inputted in real time to the building management system (fmxpert),
- liaise with site stakeholders and maintain effective working relationships,
- assist in the coordination of site projects as directed by the Maintenance Coordinator, Infrastructure Lead, or Infrastructure Manager.
Who you’ll be working with
Reporting to the Infrastructure Lead, you will work closely with the Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Officers and Gardening and Grounds Officers.
The team works collaboratively to ensure a welcome and safe environment for all staff and those using our services.
To thrive in this role, you will:
- be physically fit, energetic, and able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions,
- have basic computer system capability,
- have a thorough understanding of responsive and cyclical maintenance across a diverse range of residential and commercial properties,
- have demonstrated knowledge of property maintenance,
- have demonstrated experience complying with WH&S standards and regulations Work Health and Safety,
- be effective working independently and collaboratively with your team.
Ideally you will also have:
- current state-based drivers license,
- covid-19 vaccination certificate including mandatory booster’s.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- your own fleet vehicle and phone for work
- work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance
- generous not-for-profit salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax-free income per year,
- up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment,
- support through a comprehensive employee assistance program for you, and your immediate family members,
- novated leasing options,
- opportunity to purchase additional leave,
- opportunities to continuously grow and develop.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Maintenance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.