About the organisation
About the role
The Australian Dental Council (ADC) is the independent accreditation authority that assigns accreditation for functions for the dental profession by the Dental Board of Australia. Since 1993, this not-for-profit has been accrediting programs of study for dentistry and assessing practitioners trained overseas for practice in Australia. ADC is a registered ACNC charity focused on being ethical, respectful, fair, transparent, independent, supportive, collaborative and innovative.
The Manager, Communications is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a successful marketing and communications strategy in line with the organisation’s direction. The role will deliver best practice, innovative initiatives while enhancing ADC’s brand and reputation in order to strengthen its influence and sustainability. This role is broad and highly hands-on with touch points on operations, digital marketing, brand, media, events, internal and external communications. It requires a self-driven, creative and ideas-driven approach.
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, with one direct report, the Manager, Communications will produce communications in line with the strategic plan and organisation’s needs, all within budget. You will provide strategic marketing and communications advice to the CEO, senior leadership and department managers, as well as ensure brand guidelines are adhered to. You will oversee the Digital/Graphic Designer and drive successful outputs. Your content and brand plan will cover all platforms including the website, EDMs, social media, media opportunities and more, utilising best practice methods. You will develop and evaluate internal communication, events and engagement opportunities. This role will assist with admin and other tasks as required.
- Proven experience in a similar role, particularly in public relations, communications, digital media or social media, preferably in a not-for-profit,
- Proven ability to develop and advise on communications strategies and build strong relationships among a wide range of stakeholders,
- Medium to advanced skills in web development and social media, strong skills in web analytics,
- Excellent copywriting, editing, verbal communication, organisational skills, and attention to detail,
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision,
- Skills in design and publication production is highly desirable,
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, digital communications, marketing or public relations.
ADC provides flexible, hybrid work, professional development opportunities, 4 weeks annual leave and salary packaging.
APPLY NOW if you have are an experienced and hands-on communications professional with proven success in delivering multi-channel communications in a not-for-profit setting.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Australian Dental Council.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Michelle Varcoe or Jenni D’Orival on 03 8375 9661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager, Communications via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Education_and_Training, #Health_–_General, #Industry_Associations, #Media