About the organisation
Every year, more than 35,500 Victorians will be diagnosed with cancer, and nearly 11,000 will die from cancer. The number of cases will increase as our population grows and ages. Survival will also improve as we get better at early detection and treatment of cancer.
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Our people work and volunteer at Cancer Council Victoria to contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives and is valued by the community we serve. In return we are proud to foster a culture that supports individuals to reach their full potential, in an environment that reflects our values of Excellence, Integrity and Compassion.
DIVISION / TEAM SUMMARY
The Prevention Division aims to reduce the risk of cancer in the Victorian population through social marketing, advocacy, professional education and providing advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to support health and wellbeing. Our programs include: SunSmart, Quit Victoria, Achievement Program, screening, early detection and immunisation, the Obesity Policy Coalition, LiveLighter®, Rethink Sugary Drink and alcohol policy.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and driven Media and Communications Officer to join the Prevention Communications team within the Healthy Lifestyles Division.
Reporting to the Senior Media Advisor, your role is to:
- Support in the coordination of media and communications activities for healthy lifestyles program areas.
- Provide written copy for websites, newsletters, posters, blog posts, and video scripts.
- Manage social media pages for healthy lifestyles programs including monitoring, engagement, evaluation and reporting of performance.
- Assist with developing media releases, media briefing documents and launch event planning documents.
- Coordinate stakeholder communications including developing stakeholder toolkits, e-newsletter content and maintaining lists.
- Provide additional administrative support to Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Collate and distribute daily media reports for key stakeholders and prepare regular media reports.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A diploma in communications, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information, simply and clearly to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in developing engaging content and managing social media technologies.
- Good understanding of website content development, including using content management systems.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a proven ability to work autonomously, including the ability to meet deadlines.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, visit https://cancer-council-vic.applynow.net.au/jobs/CCV110 to download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Debora McInnes on (03) 9514 6435 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.