About the organisation
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
About the role
- One of Australia’s largest charities, mission and values-based organisation
- High-performing culture focused on helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of personal hardship.
- Use your professional media skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of Australians in need.
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Great working environment and salary packaging benefits
- Exciting opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic team
- Redfern location, close to public transport
We have an exciting permanent full time opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Media Relations Coordinator, who has a keen interest in the media and shares the values of The Salvation Army.
As a member of The Salvation Army’s Communications Portfolio, this role will support The Salvation Army’s National Media Relations team to execute its key function of delivering media engagement and awareness nationally, responding to internal and external requests for media response, and building strong relationships with members of the media, ambassadors and key internal stakeholders.
- Assist the Media Relations Manager to attend to the daily Media Office responsibilities
- Provide direct administration support to service the Media Relations team
- Supporting on key fundraising and missional media campaigns through direct media engagement, written briefs and media releases, stakeholder management and other key functions
- Sourcing of stories from The Salvation Army’s frontline mission work
To be successful, you will have:
- 2+ years working in media and/or communications (preferred)
- Degree of journalism, media or related fields (preferred)
- A keen interest in media and awareness of the traditional media landscape
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
How to apply
Please apply via the link on our website - https://salvationarmy.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Salvos/job/Redfern-NSW-Australia/Media-Relation-Advisor_R22003-1
Please quote in application: Media Relations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.