About the organisation
Wafii Mental Health Services is a young NDIS REGISTERED company servicing National Disability Insurance Scheme participants. WMHS was started by competent and compassionate Support Coordinators who wanted to do right by the participant and have a passion for the disability supports industry with well over 25 years of combined experience.
Our company mission is to provide high standard of service delivery to our participants and their families with the emphasis of finding the right fit between our participants and the support workers to build long-lasting relationships. WMH aims to provide care and support that would enhance the participant’s lifestyle, utilizing a Strength based and Person-Centered approach.
About the role
Tasks & responsibilities
- Be responsible for efficient, evidence-based and outcomes focused clinical service delivery to a caseload of clients who are funded under the NDIS.
- Provision of high-quality Occupational Therapy services to individuals and their support networks under NDIS including assessment (initial and ongoing as required) treatment, individual and/or group-based programs and support services.
- Participate in marketing and communication opportunities to raise the profile of the NDIS Allied Health program
- Maintain and enhance professional knowledge and technical skills by keeping up to date with new developments and relevant trends, engaging in professional development opportunities, and participating in clinical supervision
- In collaboration with the Directors, investigate, develop and implement innovative service delivery models that are outcomes focused and financially viable under the NDIS
Qualifications & experience
- Current Registration with Australian Health Practitioners’ Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Preferred experience and/or familiarity with NDIS and Disability care funding systems. 1-2years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist with demonstrated clinical skills, knowledge with assessment and intervention experience in the disability sector.
- Bachelor in OT/ Health Science
- Highly developed assessment, documentation and problem-solving skills
- Current Worker Screening Check Reference and or willingness to obtain one
- National Police Children Check (less than 6 months old or willingness to obtain)
- Current Working with Children Check (Employee Check): you will be eligible for refund of WWC if you are also holding Worker Screening Check.
- Current Australian Drivers License Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.