About the organisation
About the role
- $83,000 – $96,000 plus two generous salary packaging options
- Exceptionally supportive multidisciplinary team and achievable KPI’s
- Flexible working arrangements
New graduates are welcome to enquire about Grade 1 opportunities
Our Speech Therapists in the NDIS Therapeutic Supports Team provide specific assessment and treatment to eligible consumers of the NDIS.
This will include those with early intervention funding up to 7 years old and those who are on the main scheme 7+. Therapy is flexible across our Star Health sites and within the child’s natural environments.
The NDIS Team at Star Health has been operational since July 2019. The team collaborates exceptionally well together with shared clients and sharing of resources. The team culture that has been established is unique, extremely positive and supportive.
There are PD opportunities available and exciting opportunities to collaborate with other providers, particularly in the ASD assessment space. Interviews can be convened before close date so don’t hesitate to apply.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Provide, in line with their NDIS plan, assessment and intervention for participants, providing recommendations to their care team with regards to the delay, disability and behaviours.
- Active promotion of the NDIS Speech Therapy service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of written reports including NDIS plan reviews, assistive technology applications etc.
- Work collaboratively with participants, their families and significant others (including carers & children)
- Work collaboratively with internal and external service providers to facilitate services with regards to the participant’s NDIS plan.
- Contribute to and participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the NDIS program.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A professional qualification in speech therapy.
- Experience in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver specific speech therapy assessments and provide recommendations
- Excellent knowledge of child development
- A clear understanding of NDIS service delivery
In Return we offer:
- Access to ADO once a month for full-time employees
- Professional Development opportunities
- Reputable External Partnerships with other leading organisations
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Reward & Recognition celebrated annually
- Yearly Free Flu Vaccination
- Free one-on-one Superannuation Consultation with default Super Fund
What makes Star Health Tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
How to apply
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/
HIT APPLY NOW to be directed
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be complete. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right-to-work check, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and working with children check.
For information about the role, please contact Joshua Dredge, NDIS Adult Therapeutic supports coordinator on 03 9525 1300 or email the NDIS Adult Therapeutic supports coordinator
Closing Date: Monday 15th August 2022
Please quote in application: Paediatric Speech Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities