About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence.
EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
About the role
- Full Time, Parental Leave opportunity until 22 January 2024
- Access to generous salary Packaging
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
About the Opportunity
The Personal Safety Initiative (PSI) is a Department of Health and Human Services initiative and a key part of the Victorian Government’s response to, and focus, on family violence. As part of the PSI initiative, the PSI Coordinator will be embedded in family violence support agencies across the state and will be responsible for assisting victim-survivors of family violence at high risk to remain in their homes while leaving violence.
- Liaising with flexible support package (FSP) providers about client applications.
- Co-ordinating property safety audits and communicating with registered security agencies and case managers.
- Co-ordinating the ordering and delivery of Personal Safety Devices and troubleshooting safety technology issues that arise at a local level.
- Liaising with Victoria Police, registered security agencies as well as after-hours and alarm verification support agencies/Registered Monitoring Centres.
- Acting as a point of contact for, and delivering training to, Specialist Family Violence Advocates and other EDVOS staff in direct service roles to ensure the PSI Operational Guidelines are functioning effectively at a local level.
Essential to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Human Services or relevant discipline, or commensurate experience in the public or community sector
- Demonstrated experience in providing specialist family violence services for victim-survivors of family violence, including adults and children, and a demonstrated understanding of risk assessment in family violence and the complex nature/dynamics of family violence
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with diverse communities such as Aboriginal populations, culturally diverse communities, those identifying as LGBTI, older people and those living with a disability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide concise, accurate and timely information
- Capacity to work flexibly in a dynamic work environment, with a demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting capability in situations of ambiguity and a focus on providing workable solutions
- A current Drivers License is mandatory for this role
What We Offer
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Flexible working hours and generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- The opportunity to vastly enhance knowledge and skills through working in a collaborative and inclusive environment that integrates specialist family violence work, with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, child wellbeing and perpetrator services
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
For a copy of the key selection criteria and a full outline of the position please see below or visit our website at https://www.edvos.org.au/get-involved/.
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + legislated super.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please review the Position Description for a full list of position accountabilities and key selection criteria.
For further information regarding the Personal Safety Initiative (PSI) Local Coordinator position please contact Gina Kennard, Senior Manager - Support and Recovery or Seema Sharma, Team Leader on (03) 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to email@example.com using the subject line: ADS 0423 PSI Coordinator by 9am, Monday 8 August 2022.
Our commitment to safety, equity, diversity and inclusion
We believe that the unique contributions of all our people at EDVOS create our success. To ensure that our culture and our services continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we encourage applications from the LGBTIQA+ community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all abilities.
Due to the gendered nature of family violence, much of our workforce is women, though this is not a requirement for all roles. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation and is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children. All appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks.
Please quote in application: Personal Safety Initiative (PSI) Local Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Families, #Women