About the organisation
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
About the role
About the Role:
Our incredible Fundraising team is currently looking for a permanent full time Relationship Manager Bequests to join their Blackburn, Melbourne team.
Reporting to the Manager, Bequests, you will be responsible for securing Gifts in Wills, stewarding and empowering potential bequestors to support a myriad of social development programs through their legacy focused on nurturing long-term relationships.
- Building a pipeline of potential bequestors through sound account management and sales principles, in order grow the bequests portfolio and achieve financial targets;
- Securing, building and managing relationships with prospective and confirmed bequestors and their intermediaries such as solicitors and enhancing their understanding of the organisation and acknowledging their contribution;
- Achieving financial and non-financial targets and KPI’s’;
- Developing and implanting engagement strategies and communication plans; and
- Representing the organisation at networking functions, industry forums and face to face meetings and progressing supporters’ through events, appeals and immersion experiences.
Your strong ability to build relationships and your excellent negotiation skills have been gained in NFP fundraising or in account management/ business development / sales environments such as finance, aged care sector, financial planning or trusts and estates. You also have:
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced and complex business environment;
- The drive to achieve results, with a focus on over-achieving on budgets, KPI’s and targets;
- Experience in best-practice sales techniques including empathy selling;
- Ability to liaise with legal and finance professionals; and
- The ability to communicate and empathise with high net worth individuals from all walks of life.
Why work for us:
- Eligible employees can access NFP salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity for career development
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internationally renowned not-for-profit organisation
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Rare opportunity to work with passionate, like-minded people who enjoy being a part of an organization that makes a difference within the Australian community
How to Apply:
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply via the link and submit a current CV and a cover letter which details your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
How to apply
Please follow the link on our website to apply:
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager Bequests via Pro Bono Australia.