About the organisation
Hume Community Housing is a sector-leading Community Housing Provider that operates from the principles that access to a safe, secure and appropriate home is a fundamental human right, and that homelessness is an experience not an identity.
Currently, Hume provides homes and services to more than one in every 1,000 residents of NSW. Hume’s purpose is “To Create Opportunities for People to Prosper”. We develop and construct new properties, undertake the tenancy and property management of social and affordable housing, as well as housing for people with a disability, and provide services and support to our diverse customers through a range of partnerships and in-house programs. Hume engages with customers to provide housing options, maintain their tenancies, build resilience and participate in local community life. Hume’s goal is to support our customers to thrive and prosper. Hume works within a collective impact approach, working with community stakeholders and identifying appropriate partners to design and deliver services that are tailored to locally driven need.
We are a values-driven organisation, so it is important that you share and reflect our values:
We are Champions of change, Creators of connectivity, Builders of resilience and determined to succeed.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of the eligibility and rent review process for Hume’s social and affordable customers. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Process eligibility reviews and rent subsidy applications in line with relevant policies, procedures and tenancy laws
- Ensuring a customer focused driven service and experience
- Pro-actively manage customer enquiries and feedback
- Support Hume meet its financial goals and targets through effective delivery of the social housing rolling rent review and affordable housing resign program
- Support the Customer Accounts team meet it’s legal and regulatory obligations with timely and accurate recordings of all customer information
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to organise and analyse large amounts of information
- High attention to detail and ability to interpret and adhere to policies and procedures, and regulations and laws
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and be proactive in managing day-to-day workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be confident in making presentations
- Proficiency in the use of systems and software such as Microsoft Excel
- Available to work full time hours; 9am to 5pm – Monday to Friday
- Previous experience processing financial applications would be advantageous
We are a values-driven organisation, so it is important that you share and reflect our values.
As a community housing provider, Hume regularly engages with and provides face to face services to customers in the community, and these roles require full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Why work for us?
A career in community housing is extremely rewarding, knowing you can contribute to positive social impact and work towards generational change.
Hume offers above Award salaries, 35 hour working week, flexible working arrangements, long service leave after 5 years, salary packaging, career development opportunities and access to great technology; utilising social media to communicate with other employees. We are a terrific organisation which is truly values led and focused and committed to our purpose, which is to create opportunities for people to prosper.
Working for a not for profit also allows you to increase your take home pay by salary sacrificing into your everyday expenses. Meaning you pay less tax and could equate to $5K + extra in take home pay per year.
Want to know more, see our website for more information https://www.humehousing.com.au/index.html.
How to apply
How to Apply
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work for a company making a real difference. Apply now and submit your resume with a covering letter addressing the “About You” section.
Hume Community Housing is committed to a workplace where our team members prosper, and diversity and inclusion are a valued part of our vibrant and connected working community. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all gender, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQIA, older people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please quote in application: Rent Review Officer via Pro Bono Australia.