About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
About the role
Specialist Family Violence Practitioner –
Orange Door, Inner East
- Ongoing positions – Orange Door Inner East
- Full-time and Part time (9 day fortnight)
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to generous salary Packaging
- Located – Inner East Orange Door (Box Hill and Monash Local Government Areas)
As an EDVOS team member the Specialist Family Violence Practitioner will provide screening, triage, risk and needs assessment, planning and crisis support to all incoming referrals for victim-survivors. Located at the Inner East Orange Door (Box-Hill and Monash Local Government Areas). This position will work in close partnership with practitioners from other agencies and within an Integrated Practice Framework within the Orange Door, to increase the safety of women and children experiencing family violence through direct service provision.
Some travel may be required for this position in the Inner Eastern Melbourne region.
The role of The Orange Door is to provide:
- a more visible contact point so that people know where to go for specialist support
- help for people to identify family violence and child and family safety and wellbeing issues
- advice based on contemporary risk assessment tools and guidance and best available information
- specialist support and tailored advice for victims, families and children, and perpetrators
- a strong focus on perpetrator accountability
- connection and coordination of access to support
- an approach across the spectrum of prevention, early intervention and response
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds a qualification or relevant experience in line with the minimum mandatory qualification requirements for specialist family violence practitioners and, where required, a willingness to work towards the minimum qualifications *
- Has knowledge, experience and skills in; intake, family violence risk assessment and safety planning, case planning and referrals, and client advocacy
- Has a good knowledge of and commitment to Feminist theory, principles and practice
- Is able to participate in planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Has the capacity to provide a high quality family violence service inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women, children, young women, CALD clients and women who identify as LGBTI clients both over the phone and face-to-face.
- Has a solid understanding and respect for child safety standards and principles
Please review the Position Description for a full list of position accountabilities and key selection criteria. *For more information on the mandatory minimum qualifications please visit https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + super.
Please review the Position Description (see “How to Apply”) for a full list of accountabilities and criteria.
What We Offer
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Practitioner – Orange Door via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Other, #Women