About the organisation
Thrive Services (Formerly known as Blue Mountains Family Support Service) is a not-for-profit organisation that provides support to families living in the Blue Mountains. Thrive Services offer two specialised programs, The Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) program which supports families going through difficulties during their parenting journey including case management, parenting programs, playgroups, and school holiday activities. The Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) provides support to families who are at risk or homelessness or currently homeless. SHS provides intensive case management support to families to deliver positive outcomes. Thrive Services also provides a drop-in service to members of the community, including emergency relief (fresh food, pantry items,) food vouchers, EAPA assistance and other forms of crisis assistance.
About the role
Position Title: Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) Family Case worker
Hours: Part time, 28 hours per week
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS) Level 4.1 – 4.3 dependent on experience
Sector: Not for Profit
Location: Katoomba, Blue Mountains
Start Date: Immediate start preferred but negotiable for the right candidate
About the role
As an SHS Family Case Worker, you will provide effective intensive and specialised case work to families within the Blue Mountains community who are either at risk of homelessness or currently homeless. The aim of the program is to support families into long term, secure and sustainable accommodation.
- Minimum requirement of a qualification in welfare, social sciences, or other relevant areas.
- Experience in case management of families with complex needs and experience working with vulnerable families and children at risk, particularly mandatory reporting processes.
- Experience working successfully within or with community & other housing providers, and knowledge of property management of transitional and/or crisis houses.
- Ability to respond to crisis and urgent matters that arise in working with families & children that are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Understanding of basic financial practices, i.e., basic budgeting with families and brokerage accountability & management.
- Well-developed IT skills such as MS Office programs, databases & experience of using such programs in a workplace setting and including experience in using case management tools or systems.
- Good organisation, prioritising and time management skills, particularly ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must have a current Working with Children Check number.
- Must have National Criminal Check or will apply for one prior to employment commencement.
- Must have full driver’s licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Fully immunised including COVID vaccination and booster, or willingness to obtain.
Tools of trade
A mobile phone and laptop (and supporting technology) will be provided for use in this role.
The successful applicant will have access to Thrive Service’s work vehicle for outreach support to clients.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) Family Case worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing