About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community. Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
About the Support Worker role
If you’re a Support Worker, qualified in Mental Health and/or Welfare or equivalent with knowledge of CALD communities, enjoy variety in your day, and working closely with other service delivery professionals, you might be exactly the person we’re looking for!
This position sits within the Community Mental Health & Wellbeing Services (CMHWS) team supports the increasing demand for mental health and wellbeing services and relieves pressure on existing specialist and general practice services by utilising community health and non-government mental health and wellbeing support organisations.
The service is available to all people needing well-being support, such as with psychological distress because of the COVID-19 pandemic, or any other reason that impact’s an individual’s mental health.
Preferably seeking a full-time Support Worker.
What you’ll be doing
No two days will be the same in this role, with the support you provide including, but not limited to:
- Encouraging, coaching, and supporting customers to access and remain engaged with their clinical mental health, psychosocial rehabilitation, physical health care and social support services.
- Providing direct practical support to customers so they gains/maintain independent living skills.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships within the team and with external stakeholders to ensure customers receive the highest quality service.
- Providing a safe space to discuss concerns.
Who you’ll be working with
The team consists of a supportive and trusted Team Leader, Peer Worker and Support Workers, working across the southern region (Casey Cardinia, Greater Dandenong and Frankston East).
Who we are looking for
Along with your passion for supporting others, you will have:
- Relevant Mental Health and/or Welfare qualification (Diploma level or above)
- A strong sense of empathy and an understanding of mental health in the Social Model of Health and the public or private health system in Australia
- Preferred experience in Mental Health and/or AOD sectors along with the ability to deliver community supports within a Transdisciplinary Mental Health framework
- An understanding of procedures when customers are identified to be at risk of harm or causing harm
- Competencies in dual diagnosis and suicide intervention is highly regarded
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our people and you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC.
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year, to maximise your take home pay.
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment.
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members.
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop
How to apply
At EACH, we want all of our candidates to feel comfortable bringing their passion and individuality to the process. We value all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, apply for the role and help us bring good health quality outcomes to everyone.
you hit ‘Apply Now’ you will be redirected to our Career Centre and Position Description, to help you easily complete your application.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Kyle Bower, Team Leader (Acting) - Mental Health at Kyle.Bower@each.com.au
Applications close Sunday, 15th August 2022
** Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Interviews may take place during the advertising period - so don't miss out and apply today!**
Please quote in application: Support Worker - Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health