About the organisation
Established in 1982, Alzheimer’s WA advocates, educates, and engages Western Australians living with all types of dementia as well as their families and carers.
We support CHSP, HCP and NDIS funding by providing home and community support, as well as respite day and overnight in our three (3) homes based in Perth, Mandurah, and Albany.
Some of our key services include:
- home, community, and social support using holistic person-centred care programs, from a philosophy of understanding the lived experience,
- education, training, and consultancy for those who wish to learn and have an impact on the lives of people living with dementia.
We endeavour to be by the side of those living with dementia, and to make a positive difference to their lives. If this is a journey that interests you, we welcome you to apply to become part of our team.
More information about Alzheimer’s WA, is available here: https://www.alzheimerswa.org.au/about/
About the role
Our Support Workers are passionate and dedicated to supporting people living with dementia within their household and communities. Our services use a person-centred approach which assists and empowers our clients to achieve personal goals and a greater quality of life.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- building rapport and providing companionship to people living with dementia;
- improving quality of life through supports within personal care and social supports;
- create an environment supportive of the wellbeing needs of people living with dementia, their families, and their carers;
- plan and commit to activities that provide opportunities to maintain skills and promote independence, whilst respecting a client’s dignity and personal choice; and
- collaborate to provide person-centred supports to people living with dementia in the community.
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Ageing, Disability, or equivalent demonstrated experience;
- current Senior First Aid [HLTAID011] and CPR [HLTAID009] (with 3+ months until expiry);
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with people living with dementia and their carers;
- ability to engage in meaningful relations with people living with dementia, supporting their abilities, always promoting their dignity, and providing reassurance and validation of their feelings;
- working rights in Australia;
- a valid WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence and an insured roadworthy vehicle;
- NDIS Worker Screening; and
- up-to-date COVID Vaccination.
- Certificate IV in Dementia, or equivalent demonstrated experience;
- understanding of person-centred approach in dementia care; and
- ability to speak language(s) in addition to English.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- eligibility for a $500 retention bonus*;
- five (5) week annual leave per year plus 17.5% leave loading;
- opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum;
- access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- ongoing growth and development opportunities.
How to apply
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted following the shortlisting process.
If you have questions about the position, or would like to see the full position description, you can email us at email@example.com.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
Please quote in application: Support Workers via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Disabilities