About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
If you’re a Counsellor, qualified in either Social Work or Psychology, enjoy variety in your day, and working closely with other service delivery professionals, you might be exactly the person we’re looking for!
As part of our Youth and Family Counselling team at Nunawading, EACH is looking for a Youth and Family Worker to provide Counselling and support to children, youth and families, positively impacting the lives of those who are in need and / or at risk.
What you’ll be doing
Provide high-quality and flexible specialist support and counseling to young people and children who are at risk of homelessness and/or deteriorating family relationships. You will;
- Facilitate the rebuilding of disrupted social and family networks by providing support to family members/carers when appropriate.
- Be working in collaboration with other general and specialist support services as required, including active participation in multidisciplinary care teams using case management skills and approaches to support your clients.
- Be working across multiple sites to service clients in different geographical areas.
Who you’ll be working with
The Youth and Family team is a small team of experienced counselors who aim to help young people improve their connections with health, family, and community, including education and employment. We offer group work, individual and family counselling, youth development, health promotion, and advice. We work closely with other services to provide a holistic and supportive experience. Some of these stakeholder services are our Youth Clinic, Headspace, Drug and Alcohol support, our Integrated Therapeutic Communities, and Bush Adventure Therapy program.
The Youth and Family team provides services that are free with funding coming through Federal, State and Local Governments. The service is confidential and non-judgemental and makes a concerted effort to deliver services that are responsive and relevant to the needs of LGBTIQ and Aboriginal young people and families
What we offer:
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance
- Engaging, inclusive supportive team that meet regularly and has its own chat page to provide daily support to each other
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 tax-free income per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth and Family Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Youth_and_Young_People