About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
The Youth Outreach Recovery Support (YORS) program is a newly created outreach program designed to fill a service gap within the youth mental health sector, responding to the needs of young people between the ages of 16 to 25 years old. The YORS program covers a service catchment across Monash, Manningham, Yarra Ranges, Knox, Maroondah and Whitehorse LGAs.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the YORS program based out of the Box Hill South and Wantirna South offices, your days will be varied and highly collaborative.
You will support young people in an outreach approach with their social and emotional wellbeing, helping them build resilience and recovery in the areas of mental health, substance use, physical health, and life skills. Providing direct support through the implementation of social and/or psychological strategies, case management skills, therapeutic group work, individual 1:1 support sessions, and family support using a strength-based approach.
As the Youth and Family Worker you will be working on a fixed-term contract until June 2023 with the possibility of an extension. We are preferably seeking someone who can work on a full-time basis, however, are open to considering part-time.
Who you’ll be working with
The YORS team is a multidisciplinary group of professionals made up of a Team Leader and Youth and Family Workers from a range of disciplines and backgrounds and works closely with other internal and external services to provide a holistic and supportive experience. Some of these stakeholder services are our Integrated Therapeutic Communities (Youth Residential Recovery programs), Youth and Family Clinics, headspace, Drug and Alcohol Support, and Bush Adventure Therapy program.
The service is confidential and non-judgemental, making a concerted effort to deliver responsive and relevant services to the needs of LGBTIQA+ and Aboriginal young people and families.
Who we’re looking for
In addition to a self-directed passion and drive to support young people, you’ll have:
- Experience working therapeutically with young people and families within related fields such as AOD, family therapy or Allied Health.
- Ability to utilise your demonstrated expertise and understanding in working with young person’s mental health, the impacts of trauma, homelessness, early school departure, family violence and family conflict.
- Sound understanding of childhood and adolescent developmental theories and the issues involved in adolescent and/or childhood development.
- A tertiary qualification in social work or other relevant discipline/profession.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance, including some work-from-home flexibility
- Engaging, inclusive and supportive team
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth and Family Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People