About the organisation
About the role
We’re looking for a professional Business Development Lead with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a permanent full-time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Business Development Lead will support an end-to-end bid process from opportunity scoping through to submission and then handover of successful bids. You will co-ordinate inputs from internal teams and specialists as required to ensure the timely production of high-quality bids.
- Identify, develop business cases and seek approval for opportunities to grow existing services in accordance with organisational strategy.
- Coordinate and manage execution of contractual agreements with stakeholders, ensuring agreements are fully executed by both parties and stored in BSL’s Contract Repository.
- Provide coaching and support to all direct reports in the performance of their duties, monitoring and providing appropriate feedback in accordance with Brotherhood policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with existing clients, effectively negotiating outcomes and a focus on increasing client base.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business management or related field
- Proven experience in business development or similar role within the not for profit sector
- Demonstrated experience in developing and supporting tender applications
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to triage and convert potential opportunities
- Excellent ability to build and develop relationships
- Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships across all levels both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Elly Krommidas on 0490 303 538 for a confidential discussion.
To view the Position Description to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: 21 August 2022 at 11:55PM
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Business Development Lead via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People