About the organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Victorian public.
Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure appropriate funds are raised to support the Cancer Council's work in line with the organisation's mission and values. This is achieved through best-practice high volume direct marketing approaches; exceptional relationship management of high value supporters including Major Donors, Charitable Trusts and Bequestors; delivery of iconic fundraising events such Daffodil Day, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and Relay for Life; and product sales and royalties through our retail arm.
The Brand and Communications Unit is responsible for managing and optimising the reputation and public profile of Cancer Council Victoria, and our programs, through strategic and sustained use of campaigns, media engagement and PR, corporate events, partnerships and communications.
About the role
- Create user-centred digital designs for high profile campaigns and programs
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
We are seeking a Digital Designer to join the Fundraising and Communications Division. Reporting to the Creative Manager your role is to:
- Provide digital and graphic design to the FCD and Cancer Council brand, and for producing multi-media collateral
- Coordinate and create assets that reflect brand guidelines for the continued growth of FCD in the digital media space
- Design engaging and dynamic rich-media content that will elevate Cancer Council above others in the online space
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced diploma in digital or graphic design or another relevant field
- An advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite, with strong web skills, advanced typesetting and layout abilities
- Experience building editable templates in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience of producing digital assets
- Demonstrated competence with various Content Management Systems
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with an ability to work autonomously and the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to carry out duties professionally, with tact and diplomacy, ensuring privacy and confidentiality requirements are maintained
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A base salary within range $63,977 – $70,805 pa (pro-rata for part time) plus superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- A range of wellness initiatives such as an employee assistance programs, flu vaccination, mental and general well-being support, and discounted health insurance.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check (as required).
Applications close on 18 August 2022.
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Richard Muntz on +61 3 9514 6336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Digital Designer via Pro Bono Australia.