About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
About the Family Violence Therapeutic Specialist role
Our Pathways to Resilience program is seeking a Therapeutic Specialist to join their team on a full-time basis until November 2023 (12-month maternity leave cover).
This program is an exciting partnership between Uniting Victoria and Tasmania Ltd, EACH, and the Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF), offering an integrated, comprehensive suite of therapeutic family violence services to victims/survivors and their children.
- Hybrid working conditions
- Increase your take home pay with NFP salary packaging
- Supportive supervision including monthly clinical reflective practice
What you’ll be doing
As the Therapeutic Specialist, you will provide counseling for victims/survivors using a range of evidence-based treatment approaches, making a huge difference to their lives.
Service responses to victims/survivors include:
- Address the trauma associated with family violence and its impact on the sense of self, confidence, relationships with others, daily life and life choices.
- Provide family violence education and understanding of perpetrator accountability.
- Provide linkages to universal and secondary prevention services.
Service responses to children and young people include:
- Ensure the therapeutic and recovery needs of the child/young person are addressed using a child-centred, family-inclusive model.
- Provide linkages with appropriate services.
- Advocacy for the rights of children and young people.
- Co-facilitation of groups.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role, you will have strong counseling experience working within family violence, child protection and/or in working with children and/or adults experiencing complex trauma environment. Bringing a strong person-centred approach and ability to tailor your work to meet the unique needs of our clients.
You must also have a tertiary qualification (including eligibility with the relevant professional association) in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline (essential). There may be some after hours work.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our people. Here, you’ll be supported to be your best.
What we provide:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities.
- Supportive supervision and team including monthly clinical reflective practice.
- Opportunities for internal career progression.
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year, to maximise your take home pay, AND up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment.
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members.
How to apply
We want to know why you would like to come work with EACH and what you can bring to this role. When you hit ‘Apply Now’ you will be redirected to our Career Centre and Position Description, to help you easily complete your application.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Navreet Sohal, Team leader - RESTART & Pathways to Resilience on 0439 979 084.
Applications close Wednesday, 17th August 2022
** Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Therapeutic Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Families, #Mental_Health