About the organisation
A children's mental health charity, KidsXpress helps to transform the lives of children impacted by adversity. We deliver trauma-informed Expressive Therapy to children under the age of 12yrs and Education Services for those that care for them.
About the role
KidsXpress is experiencing an exciting growth phase and is looking for a friendly, details oriented professional to join our team as the Finance and Programs Assistant.
This is a varied and rewarding role in an organisation that has creativity at its core.
You will be responsible preparing and processing fortnightly payroll, ensuring the financial payments, receipts and records of KidsXpress are recorded, processed and maintained in a timely and accurate manner, assist in the preparation of financial reports, undertake all purchasing requirements, assist the Operations Manager with Programs administrative and research tasks and work with the team to ensure smooth running of the finance and administration function of the organisation.
As a member of the KidsXpress team, you will receive competitive remuneration, generous leave entitlements, support for professional development and access to salary packaging (if eligible). You’ll also be a part of a vibrant, playful, and creative workplace surrounded by diversely skilled and experienced professionals.
- Experience in previous finance position (minimum 2 years)
- Demonstrated competence with MYOB
- Ability to prepare payroll
- High proficiency with computing and IT systems with an aptitude to learn standard organisational software and other relevant applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision and to undertake directed tasks with initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Employment Hero HR and Payroll software (desirable)
Prior to commencement of employment, you will also need to provide a WWCC number as evidence of Working with Children Check and National Police history Check.
How to apply
If this opportunity appeals to you, please compile a short video introducing yourself (maximum 2 minutes via an unlisted YouTube Video, Private Vimeo or Drop Box), and email it, together with your CV to HR@kidsxpress.org.au
(If for any reason you are unable to compile a short video, please provide a covering letter addressing the criteria).
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Rana Ensor at HR@kidsxpress.org.au
Please quote in application: Finance and Programs Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Mental_Health