About the organisation
Volunteering Australia (VA) is the National peak body for volunteering working to advance volunteering in the Australian community. Our mission is to lead, strengthen, promote, and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
About the role
Overview of the Position
Volunteering Australia is going through a period of significant change and is looking to grow. We will be undertaking a thorough workforce planning exercise in September which is why this role is being offered initially on a 6-month fixed-term basis with a strong possibility this role will become permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organization which strives to do better and be better. The Finance Manager will form part of Volunteering Australia’s Executive Team which currently comprises of the CEO, Deputy CEO and Policy Director, and the Governance and Operations Manager. In accordance with VA’s corporate policies and procedures and under the strategic direction of the Board of Governance and the CEO, the Finance Manager will provide competent accounting, financial management and corporate services to VA.
This role is suited to someone who understands the importance of stakeholder engagement and cross-portfolio cooperation. We are looking for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is happy with doing both operational and strategic work.
Hours of work: 25 hours per week (negotiable)
Annual Salary $110,000 (full-time equivalent, prorated based on part-time hours) + super
- Implement and maintain best practice accounting and financial management systems, processes, controls and statutory requirements for VA, including the following:
- Bank reconciliations and reconciling debit
- Prepare timely monthly financial reports, including financial statements, budget variance reports, and cash flow forecasts
- Along with the CEO present financial reports to the Finance and Audit Committee and Board including coordination and secretariat for that committee
- Prepare and process payroll, including associated entitlements, award changes, taxation, and superannuation obligations
- Manage compliance with statutory financial requirements, including GST, FBT and BAS returns
- Effective records management
- Work with the CEO to develop and manage
- Work with other members of the Executive team on cross-portfolio matters.
- Prepare end of year financial statements for audit and liaise with auditors as required
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated experience in accounting.
- Tertiary qualifications in finance or related field.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Proven ability to consistently manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines without supervision.
- Advanced excel capabilities.
- Experience in Xero accounting system is highly desirable but not essential.
- CPA and CA Qualifications will be highly regarded, but not essential
How to apply
How To Apply:
Applications should include:
- a brief cover letter;
- statements addressing all the selection criteria;
- a copy of your resume; and
- the names and contact details of two work related referees.
Email applications to Miss Maddie Dorin, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm AEST on Tuesday 16 August 2022.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.