About the organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing, and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral, and non-aligned. With over 200 staff, Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick and service sites in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong, and Ringwood.
About the role
The Intake and Access team are responsible for the delivery of safe, person centred, effective and connected services for all referrals. The team responds to these referrals by providing an initial assessment and where Foundation House services are not the best match for client needs/presentation referrals are facilitated to relevant agencies.
The intake and Access Administration Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the administration resources to support the Intake and Access team by designing and implementing Intake administrative processes and provide consistent high quality data entry and analysis.
We have 2 positions available:
- ongoing position at 0.6 EFT and
- fixed term, 12-month position 0.6 EFT
You are professional administrator with strong organisational skills with the ability to problem solve and manage competing priorities. You are an excellent communicator both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and have an understand the needs of people from diverse and refugee backgrounds.
Language proficiency in any of the following languages will be highly regarded; Karen, Chin, Arabic, Dari, Pashtu, Hazaragi, Sudanese Arabic.
Salary and benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 of $83,486 gross salary per annum (pro rata), plus 17.5% leave loading and 10.5% superannuation. Additional benefits include salary packaging up to $18,550, a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and onsite parking.
- Satisfactory Police Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- COVID-19 vaccination*
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia.
* In accordance with the Pandemic (Workplace) Orders from the Victorian Minister for Health, Foundation House will comply with employer obligations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, including the third vaccination. If you are successful in gaining employment with Foundation House you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination for work at our sites.
Why work at Foundation House?
- Work in a role with a true purpose to make a difference in people’s lives
- Highly supportive team environment
- Excellent training and professional development
- Diverse workforce
- Generous leave provisions with option to purchase additional leave
- Tax savings through attractive salary packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
How to apply
If you are inspired to make a positive difference, please submit your resume and briefly address the key selection criteria (KSC) contained in the Position Description.
Please ensure you submit your KSC in the cover letter field when applying as you can only upload two documents.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Alice Abalo Acting Intake and Access Team Leader on 9389 8783
Applications for this position closes 9:00 am Thursday 18 August 2022
Foundation House is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and actively plays a part in combating family violence; this is reflected in our organisational policies, protocols and staff development.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer, and we foster a work environment that is inclusive and diverse. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, particularly those of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive impartial consideration for employment.
Please quote in application: Intake and Access Administration Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Families, #Mental_Health, #Other