About the organisation
About the role
We’re looking for a professional People and Culture Administrator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a permanent full-time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For over 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The P&C Administrator is a key support position that will work closely with the wider HR team to support the Human Resources Service Desk with general administration functions, such as support with recruitment, onboarding and other HR processes, and often deals with matters of a confidential nature.
- Conducting and recording required pre-employment checks for new starters in a timely manner
- Assist, communicate and liaise with managers and employees throughout all stages of the recruitment process in line with the relevant policy
- Coordinate exit process for employees when required
- Assist with data entry, HR reporting and provide general administration office support as required
- Assist with the preparation of correspondence, letters, reports, minutes of meetings as required
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources with demonstrated experience in a similar HR or broad administration role would be highly desired
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail, and an ability to maintain a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Proven ability to assess and meet priorities and deadlines through good time management in a self-organised and methodical manner
- Customer service focused
- Highly-developed administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Imogen Tate on 0401 838 332 or at Imogen.Tate@bsl.or.au for a confidential discussion.
To view the Position Description to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Friday 19th August at 11:55pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Please quote in application: People and Culture Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People