About the organisation
Women's Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West is an independent, feminist, not-for-profit organisation committed to intersectionality, gender equality and best practice health promotion.
Please view the range of other opportunities we currently have on offer here: http://www.cooperhardiman.com.au/employment.php
About the role
Why join our sector
There has never been a more rewarding time to join the Women’s Health sector than now, with unprecedented funding commitments from the Victorian State Government supporting the sector state-wide. Women’s Health and Wellbeing is a critical partner in ensuring this funding is used impactfully in our region.
The growth in our sector translates to growth within Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West’s team with opportunities available to make genuine impact on factors affecting gender equality including, but not limited to: Violence against women and children, women’s safety, childcare access, quality and affordability, workplace gender equality, gender pay gap, recognition of primary carer rights and opportunities, and women’s mental health.
Our Regional Manager
The Regional Manager roles presents a unique opportunity to blend your strategic and operational leadership expertise in a truly partnership-based role, with the full support of your CEO and Board.
You need not have experience in health promotions, women’s health, or gender equality frameworks to be successful in this role. Key to your success in this role will be your capacity to skillfully lead our talented specialist teams to deliver our key strategic priorities, whilst managing trusted and respected partnerships throughout the communities we serve.
What’s in it for you
- An attractive time fraction with some room for negotiation between 0.7 – 0.9FTE, with flexibility as to how these hours are worked throughout the week.
- Modern and welcoming office based in beautiful coastal Warrnambool (5 mins from Warrnambool’s foreshore!), with some working from home opportunities on offer.
- Build your profile in the vibrant networks of both the Barwon and South West regions – opportunities abound..
- Partner with the CEO to drive strategic and operational leadership and make meaningful social impact.
- Growth and development opportunities with great scope for creativity and strategic influence.
- Be part of a dedicated workforce of professionals committed to creating positive change in our region through the precondition of gender equality.
- Attractive salary (Full time equivalent pay range Level 7: $104,875.16 – $109,253.56 with further negotiation into Level 8 classification for sector-experienced leaders in line with qualifications and experience), and salary packaging options that allow for significant tax concessions.
Women’s Health and Wellbeing Barwon South West (WHWBSW), is an independent, not-for-profit organisation committed to leading positive gender equality-based social change. Current priorities include the prevention of violence against women before it occurs, improving women’s sexual and reproductive health and advancing gender equality in all settings.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to join and lead this enthusiastic and supportive team of professionals who are highly committed to social justice and creating lasting change in our society.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a Regional Manager to join this team, to support WHWBSW in progressing population improvements in women’s health by leading a small team of Regional Facilitator’s to implement evidence informed health promotion.
Your strong leadership and field expertise will ensure the team at WHWBSW are recognised as the go to people for action progressing equality and respect across the Barwon South West. You will translate the evidence into action and partner with others to ensure this work is on track to be effective and successful – advancing equality between women and men.
You will partner with the CEO to help inform the strategic priorities of the organisation, and operationalise these through leading the team with accountability and an outcomes-focus.
You will have demonstrable experience in leading organisational strategy and teams of specialist professionals, with a capacity to effectively partner with external stakeholders to impactfully drive change. What matters most is your leadership expertise which you may have developed and refined across many an industry, however experience in social change portfolios in health promotions, prevention of family violence, gender equality or a related community development or social field will be highly regarded. Your highly developed leadership skills and experience in team management, including demonstrated ability to lead and drive change by collaborating with and influencing senior stakeholders, will ensure our team’s success. You will demonstrate leadership qualities that strike a balance between employee growth, development and empowerment whilst also driving accountability.
The CEO will value your capacity to smoothly transition between operational and strategic leadership, ensuring that our strategic objectives are well informed and operationally achievable.
As Regional Manager, our Values will strongly resonate with you and inform your practices in the way you work with and support your internal and external stakeholders.
You will also demonstrate your capacity and experience against the Key Selection Criteria outlined below.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrable experience in leading organizational strategy and teams of specialist professionals, ideally in a not for profit or social/service setting. Experience within social change portfolios in health promotions, prevention of family violence, gender equality or a related community development or social field is highly advantageous although not essential. It is anticipated that you will likely hold Bachelor qualifications in Health Promotion, Social Work, Community Development or alternatively in leadership and/or management disciplines
- Highly developed leadership skills and experience in team management, including demonstrated ability to lead and drive change by collaborating with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills and experience in adopting a strategic and regional approach to service development and implementation. Expertise in the prevention of violence against women before it occurs, improving women’s sexual and reproductive rights and choices and advancing gender equity would be advantageous
- Demonstrated commitment to the Vision and Values of WHWBSW, including an understanding of the core principles of gender equality and how this aligns with our organisational purpose and informs health promotion planning
- Exceptional writing, research and report-writing skills with high level verbal and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver oral presentations and training
- Demonstrated high-level systems thinking, with experience adopting a strategic and evidence informed approach to solving complex problems
- Ability to work autonomously, manage own time, set priorities, consistently plan and deliver work on time and to a high standard
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Regional Manager via Pro Bono Australia.