About the organisation
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote, and support the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of our customers. Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers’ lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
About the role
- 1 x ongoing full-time opportunity working 35 hours per week.
- Location: Parramatta.
- Flexible working options are available and subject to negotiation.
- Legal Grade I-III. Base Salary $74,050 to $125,521 plus superannuation and annual leave loading.
About the team:
The Estate Management Division makes financial and legal decisions for people who are unable to on their own, or with support, when NSW Trustee & Guardian is appointed as their financial manager by a court or tribunal. The team also oversees people who are appointed to privately manage the finances of another person. The division delivers high quality financial management service using a customer-centred approach and is delivered by:
- Customer Foundation
- Customer Independence and Support
- Private Management
- Proactive Customer Management
- Customer Specialist Centre
About the role:
The role within the Estate Management division provides high-quality legal advice, guidance and support in complex areas of law relating to Estate Management. The advice, guidance and support ensure the provision of high quality, efficient and effective services to customers and stakeholders where NSW Trustee & Guardian is appointed as Financial Manager or undertakes its statutory obligations in relation to Private Financial Managers.
For more information about the position, view the role description: Solicitor I-III Estate Management
As an ideal candidate:
- You have experience in delivering professional, high-quality legal advice, guidance and support in areas of law relating to Estate Management.
- You can interpret and prepare complex legal documents such as advice, submissions, briefings and court documents.
- You have the knowledge to provide efficient and effective legal services and advice in accordance with case law, legislation, policy, guidelines, and practice standards and provide guidance, training and support to staff to ensure delivery of quality professional planning ahead services.
- You enjoy contributing to the development and review of operational standards, procedures, manuals, policies, and systems.
Sound like you? Apply now!
- Legal Qualifications and must be admitted to practice and have a current NSW practising certificate.
- Experience in estate planning (experience in estate administration and estate litigation will be an advantage).
- Willingness to contribute to and participate in having phone calls and team email accounts monitored for quality assurance initiatives and projects.
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and able to provide acceptable proof.
Our commitment to diversity:
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer:
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- Work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave.
- leave options including 14 weeks’ parental or adoption leave.
- career development
- Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Solicitor I-III (Estate Management) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights