About the organisation
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Digital Engagement, you will coordinate and moderate social media content across platforms for the organisation. In this role you will work closely with multiple teams to implement plan and work with the Digital Campaign Manager to measure and track campaigns and report on strategic fit and effectiveness.
Additionally, you will:
- Create content in-line with the Barnardos brand
- Assist with campaigns relating to fundraising, foster care and other services
- Lead monthly social media brainstorming and the formation of content calendars
- Manage ad-hoc requests in response to relevant news and sector announcements
- Develop and maintain internal cross-organisational relationships
Benefits and Culture
- Salary range $65,000 – $70,000 + Super
- Flexible hours: 35 hour per week between 8am and 6pm
- Full-time position: Work from home two days a week
- Commitment to professional development, training, and learning
You have experience working in communication/marketing/social media/digital marketing, with efficient time management and strong stakeholder engagement skills and a creative flair. You are comfortable working on time-critical activities, have a calm nature and are accustomed to a deadline driven environment.
Your experience also includes:
- Creation and implementation of engaging multiplatform social media campaigns
- Knowledge of Business Manager, Sprout Social, SEO, as well as Facebook and Google Analytics
- Ability to optimise messaging and content across a variety of online channels
- Development and management of online communities
- Reporting on campaign progress and outcomes
Barnardos Australia is here because every child needs a champion. They listen, act and advocate for the safety of children at risk of abuse and neglect, providing family support programs and services that empower children to reach their full potential.
When it comes to protecting vulnerable children from abuse, Barnardos is dedicated to the prevention of trauma in children, and support families to be the best parents they can be. Barnardos help children to recover and thrive through an extensive range of Safety and Prevention programs, and when needed find safe homes for them through foster care and open adoption.
If you have a commitment to social justice and are looking for a varied social media role, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter responding to the skills required. Alternatively, please call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 to discuss further.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
NGO Recruitment values equitable recruitment practices and is committed to representing candidates reflective of the diverse organisations and communities we work with. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds, ages, and identities, and are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. If you are interested in this position and have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, please go ahead and apply.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Social Media Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Families