About the organisation
Improving lives across Melbourne and Geelong
WCIG supports people facing disadvantage to live the life they want through meaningful employment, training and increased independence. We’re a not-for-profit dedicated to empowering people to meet their goals and reach their potential.
We have an established network of community organisations, allied health services, employers, community groups and other businesses. Our network enables us to provide the most holistic approach possible to assist people to reach their goals.
About the role
Westgate Community Initiatives Group Ltd (WCIG) is a community based not for profit organisation that is committed to creating practical responses to unemployment and disadvantage across Melbourne and Geelong. Our mission is to empower people to achieve a meaningful role in society.
Due to an internal promotion, we have a newly created role for an experienced Administration Assistant to join us on a full-time, fixed-term basis for 18 months, with the view to extend dependent on operational requirements. This position is responsible for providing high level administrative support in HR and facilities and assets. The successful applicant must be available to start late November.
Flexible working arrangements are available; however, please note that travel is required across our offices in the Greater Melbourne and Barwon Employment Regions, on an as needed basis.
What’s on offer:
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) with industry leading salary levels that increase each year for the life of the agreement
- Above Award personal, compassionate and maternity leave schemes
- Paid Christmas closure leave
- Free Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year of your salary tax free + up to an additional $2,650 per year tax free for entertainment expenses)
- Flexible working hours and arrangements for work-life balance, including work from home dependent on operational requirements
- Option of purchasing additional two weeks of annual leave
- Emphasis on staff training and professional development
- Mobile phone and laptop provided as well as working from home equipment
- Support the end-to-end the recruitment process, including but not limited to scheduling and participating in screenings/interviews, conducting reference checks, providing high level candidate care and keeping candidates informed on their applications
- Conducting inductions for new staff
- Organise staff professional development and training activities
- Assist in managing contract delivery and allocation of our assets, including but not limited to telecommunications, vehicle purchase, insurance and fuel
- Work with external contractors to resolve maintenance issues and assist with building projects
- Assist with raising purchase requisitions for payments as required
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders to provide HR and Facilities admin support
- Generate and prepare relevant reports as required
- Ensure all relevant documentation, databases and registers are maintained, accurate and up to date
- A current Australian driver’s licence is essential
- Demonstrated experience providing high level administrative support in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in HR and/or Facilities and Assets Management is preferred
- Sound understanding of and ability to interpret Industry Awards, relevant legislation and policies and procedures will be highly regarded
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to build effective working relationships across the organisation
If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Wong – HR Specialist on 03 9689 3437.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. This listing will be removed once the position has been filled.
WCIG does not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.
WCIG is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and supports the creation of working conditions to ensure that all employees have an equal chance to seek and obtain employment, promotion and training. WCIG encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders and/or those with a disability. Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or people who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
Our organisation is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the appropriately qualified and experienced people.
Why You'll love working here
Work from home
Professional development assistance
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us, please submit a copy of both your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability. Applications without a cover letter are unlikely to proceed further. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible if you are interested, as shortlisting for interviews will commence immediately and is ongoing.
Please quote in application: Human Resources and Facilities Administration Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Indigenous, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People