About the organisation
About the role
- Improve your take-home pay by using salary packaging options – up to $18,500 can be packaged every year (details via AccessPay)!
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements including a hybrid work arrangement.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted health insurance and free flu shots each year
We’re looking for a professional Senior Procurement & Contract Lead with relevant experience who wants to join our team of 1500 employees and 1000 volunteers to make a difference on a permanent full-time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
This role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders in the areas of:
- Strategic Procurement
- Modern Slavery
- Supplier Diversity
- Organisational Capability
- Contract Management
- Relationship Management
Salary will be in the range of $122,000 to $140,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
ABOUT THE BROTHERHOOD OF ST LAURENCE
We are passionate about the work we do. We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty. For over 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia. We are made up of 1500+ employees and 1000+ volunteers to make a difference in our communities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for someone who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Significant experience leading or managing a procurement function and/or team with an emphasis on hands-on operational management and delivery of key outcomes and targets in alignment with the strategic plan
- Experience in the development, review and implementation of a strategic procurement policy and framework within a not-for-profit or commercial environment
- Highly developed commercial acumen and attention to detail when reviewing, negotiating and working with contractual agreements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work with both procurement and non-procurement members of the BSL workforce and adapt the approach accordingly
- Takes ownership and responsibility and is accountable for decisions and recommendations
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Customer service focused
- Highly-developed administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program, Folio and Sharepoint
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If you have any questions about the role, or want more clarification, please contact Jennie Longhurst (Head of Business Enablement) on 0482 187 371 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
To view the Position Description to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here.
Applications close: Sunday, 3 December 2023 at 11.55pm.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government vaccination mandates.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Procurement & Contracts Lead via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Consulting, #Disabilities, #Education_and_Employment, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People