About the organisation
About the role
- 2 x Full time roles (1 x ongoing, 1 x 12 month fixed term) in our Heidelberg team!
- Starting at $47.98 hourly rate + 11% Super + Generous Salary Packaging
- Enjoy 3 additional leave days over Christmas and New Years
- Optional monthly RDO accrual to support your work-life balance!
Your new role
- You will be supporting better outcomes for children, young people and their families through delivering evidence-based and outcome-focused intervention to families experiencing vulnerability.
- Build trust and, develop a positive and strong therapeutic bond with clients through outreach-based support.
- Participate in strength-based family assessments, client led case planning and Coaching Methods.
- Facilitate the delivery of group work and evidence-based programs and practices.
- You have a qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Child & Family Social Welfare or a related discipline.
- You have skills and knowledge from working in child and family services, family violence, AOD, mental health and/or disability services.
- You understand the impact of trauma and family violence on families and have the ability to apply a gendered family violence lens when working with clients.
- Demonstrated capability to network and build productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Who we are
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children, young people and families across Victoria and soon also across New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia. We are very fortunate to have Whitelion Youth, a renowned national Youth organisation, merging with us in 2023. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children and young people can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 125 years of service.
Why work for us
- Be part of an inclusive organisation that truly lives its values – we have HEART.
- We care about you and your wellbeing – manage your work-life balance with our flexible working opportunities.
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Enjoy ‘not for profit’ benefits such as salary packaging to increase your take-home pay.
- We know how important it is to spend time with family which is why you get 3 additional leave days at Christmas.
- Utilise our purchased leave and portable long service leave options
- Access our Staff Wellbeing Program.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child and Family Worker via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Families