About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential. We reflect on the critical factors shaping our contemporary world; the social, political and economic contexts, and we adapt our practice to work with those most in need.
Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the role
We are seeking a key leadership role – Director of The Men’s Project who will be responsible for leading a team of professionals working to make a significant contribution to support men and boys to live flourishing lives free from violence and other harmful behaviours. This role will lead key priority areas in line with the organsiation’s Strategic Plan. You will build on Jesuit Social Services significant reputation in the design and delivery of proven and emerging initiatives and approaches to reduce violence, promote gender justice and improve community safety. You will work to increase our impact nationally including by leading/contributing to key research and advocacy priorities.
Attractive salary and salary packaging is offered together with ongoing professional and career development. This is a full-time position.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- An organisation that lives its values, through its day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive relational environment
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing training and development related to your role
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification/s and/or relevant senior leadership experience in social services field.
- Experience leading the design, implementation and growth of an innovative initiative in the social sector– you bring an entrepreneurial and curious mindset to your work;.
- Experience leading research, advocacy, and/or community capacity building, program design, delivery and rigorous evaluation to achieve significant change.
- Professional experience working with young men/ boys in a variety of settings.
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships across as range of sectors in order to achieve social change.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
- Demonstrated success in raising funding and building relationships with funders.
About the program
Jesuit Social Services engages with people from diverse backgrounds experiencing complex problems. The Men’s Project is an initiative of Jesuit Social Services launched in 2017 which builds on many years of our organisation’s engagement with boys and men. The Men’s Project’s focus is prevention and early intervention – it provides leadership on the reduction of violence and other harmful behaviours prevalent among boys and men.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, The Men’s Project via Pro Bono Australia.