About the organisation
About 10x10 Philanthropy:
Founded in 2013 in Sydney, Australia, 10x10 is a registered charity with a mission to empower the next generation of change-makers. With a focus on boosting innovative, grassroots social purpose organisations (SPOs) dedicated to addressing social issues.
By collaborating with teams of dedicated volunteers across the globe, we have successfully hosted 130+ crowdfunding events across 7 countries, raising over $5.5 million for 340 early-stage and innovative SPOs.
Now, with a recent collaboration with the newly founded $650M Community Capital Credit Fund, 10x10 can amplify its impact even further. This collaboration aims to support eligible SPOs, with 10x10 facilitating the grant-making framework through which Community Capital Credit Fund will allocate $15-20 million to the most talented Australian social entrepreneurs, expediting the implementation of grassroots programs aimed at resolving inequity and social challenges.
About the role
Job Title: Head of Grants & Impact / Grants and Impact Lead
Location: Sydney, NSW
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Time Commitment: 4 – 5 days
We are looking for a visionary who challenges the status quo, thinks at a systemic level, engages hands-on in grassroots efforts, builds enduring relationships, and exhibits a keen, investigative curiosity when needed. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you’d be doing in this role
The Head of Grants and Impact will play a pivotal role in the team, overseeing three key areas of responsibility:
- Strategy: Setting the strategic direction for the venture philanthropy side of the organisation, you will focus on growing and optimising the allocation of funds to early-stage social purpose organisations (SPOs).
- Impact: Designing and implementing a holistic impact measurement framework to showcase and amplify the effectiveness, value, and impact of the 10×10 model.
- SPO Ecosystem: Take charge of cultivating, expanding, and overseeing a robust ecosystem of innovative, early-stage SPOs. By managing this ecosystem, your role will ensure that 10×10 remains at the forefront of impactful early stage social initiatives.
In this role, your responsibilities might include the following;
- Determine the SPO selection framework, methodology, and scope of due diligence. You will be in charge of managing this process with our community of passionate volunteers for events.
- Design and implement our approach to CRM/database management of the ecosystem of SPOs.
- Working alongside our CEO and Board to determine a more holistic approach to impact measurement. Our current impact measurement is one-dimensional, concentrated upon metrics that are easy to capture, with a focus on the grassroots philanthropy (events) portion of our organisation. You will be in charge of designing the new approach and managing the implementation (which will likely include the identification and management of a third-party partner to support the execution).
- With the support of the CEO and Board, you will be responsible for growing the venture philanthropy side of the organisation. Alongside our inaugural partnership with the Community Capital Credit Fund, we are looking to establish additional partnerships with philanthropists & funds who are looking to make meaningful grants to early-stage SPOs. The scope will include; creating models for partnership, building and converting a pipeline of partners as well and delivering to these partners. Your objective will be to enhance the efficiency of grant-making processes, ensuring that resources are maximised to support the growth and sustainability of impactful initiatives.
You’re probably a match for this role if;
- You have a deep and genuine passion for philanthropy and impact.
- You have 5+ years of experience in grant making and/or managing major giving, including solid working knowledge of charitable regulations and structures for philanthropic impact.
- You can spot and create meaningful relationships with innovative and emerging SPOS, while understanding the funding challenges they face.
- You can identify unique funding opportunities, write compelling proposals, and manage complete grant lifecycles.
- You possess a proficient understanding of financial modelling, financial reporting, and grant budget management.
- You are familiar with diverse cultural contexts across the social purpose sector.
- You thrive in a small team environment with a strategic mindset and hands-on involvement.
- You are values-driven, collaborative, and dedicated to driving social impact.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Contributing to make the world a better place through the work you do.
- Joining a small close-knit team that values the importance of connection, meaningful work, work-life balance, psychological well-being, and ongoing learning.
- A blend of in-office and remote work options, with flexible working hours to accommodate your lifestyle. Enjoy an early finish at 3 pm every Friday
- Salary Packaging: Enjoy up to $15,900.00 of your base salary tax-free, along with up to $2650.00 for meal and entertainment expenses
- During the Christmas and New Year period, we provide 3-5 extra days of paid leave, allowing you to rest and enjoy time with your loved ones.
- Pet-friendly workplace
- Access to a professional development budget
- Opportunity to volunteer for a meaningful cause
Why You'll love working here
Work from home
Professional development assistance
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Grants and Impact Lead via Pro Bono Australia.